Unable to change color in Comment and Mark-up Tools nor High

The PDF-XChange Viewer for End Users
+++ FREE +++

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

Shelby
User

Unable to change color in Comment and Mark-up Tools nor High

Post by Shelby »

I’m a newbie to using PDF-XChange Viewer and would like to change colors when using the Comment and Mark-up Tools, for example the “Highlight the selected text” and/ or the Oval Tool.

The Highlight tool is not working at all when I’m using it in a PDF that I have received as a fax that had been delivered to my Inbox and converted to a PDF.

The Oval Tool works but will not hold the color I selected and applied in the Oval Properties.

I’m using Windows XP SP2 and my PDF-XChange Viewer is version 1.0 (Build 0033) dated Jan 12, 2008

Is this something I’m doing wrong or something that is not working and needs attention in PDF-XChange Viewer?

Thank you…
John - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by John - Tracker Supp »

Hi,

Please update build 34 as some modifications have been made affecting your comments.
If posting files to this forum - you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded - thank you.

Best regards
Tracker Support
http://www.tracker-software.com
Shelby
User

Post by Shelby »

Hello,

First off – I need to share with you that PDF-XChange Viewer is very well done and easy to use. Thanks to you folks…

I’m using Windows XP SP2 and my PDF-XChange Viewer has been updated to version 1.0 (Build 0034) dated Jan 30, 2008

Here is something that I had noticed in regards to the Comment and Mark-up Tools since I made the original post.
I was using a different computer than mine and displayed one of the pdf that I had edited and saved on my computer (this pdf is loaded up on a web page). When the pdf loaded up it displayed with the oval in color (red), where-as on my computer it only shows up in a light-gray. The light-gray is due to I lowered the transparency of the color red I selected and if I did not lower the transparency my computer displayed the color as black.

After updating today to Build 34 I’m still unable to see the colors selected in the Mark-up Tools. To help diagnose whether this is related to my computer or your software. I will do this (maybe before the day ends) downloads and install PDF-XChange Viewer on the other computer and test the software there. When done I will post my finding.

Not knowing what was all in the update I did notice that I now have the help files.

If you know that this is software related please let me know.

Thank you
Shelby
Shelby
User

Post by Shelby »

Hello,

Ok… After downloading and testing PDF-XChange Viewer on the other computer it works perfect. appears the problem is on my computer.

I took and compare some of the setting in the Preferences and discovered in the Accessibility categories that the Override Document Colors were checked on my computer and not on the other computer I was testing on. After I unchecked the Override Document Colors box on my computer the Mark-up colors now work when I’m using the oval tool.

Problem resolved.

Thank you for everything.
John - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by John - Tracker Supp »

Pleasure - pleased all is well :)
If posting files to this forum - you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded - thank you.

Best regards
Tracker Support
http://www.tracker-software.com