Silent Install Profile .ppr or .pxp

This Forum is for the use of End Users requiring help and assistance for Tracker Software's PDF-XChange Printer Drivers only - Please do not post requests for older versions of PDF-XChange or the PDF-Tools/OFFice2PDF applications here

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Tracker Supp-Stefan

rzwr
User

Silent Install Profile .ppr or .pxp

Post by rzwr »

Hello,
can I use a PDF XChange 3.6 Profile to silent install PDF XChange 4?
If I try to export a profile from version 4 a .ppr-File ist generated. The documentation of version 4 tells that I need a .pxp-File to silent install the software.

Thanks
Martin
John - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by John - Tracker Supp »

Hi,

I am afraid it is our error - we need to correct the V4 doc's - it is indeed a .ppr file and just to also confrim - the V3 and V4 profile export files are not compatible.

Hope that helps.
If posting files to this forum - you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded - thank you.

Best regards
Tracker Support
http://www.tracker-software.com
rzwr
User

silent installation - Define default settings

Post by rzwr »

Hi,
I tried to export an profile and then to install PDF XChange silently. But the settings I made are not taken over. There is only one profile called "Current" in the List.
I changed the install string from /InstallProfile:"c:\Profile.pxp" to
"/InstallProfile:c:\Profile.ppr" The path and filenames are correct.

Is there a way to define die the default settings for Office2PDF and the PDF Xchange Toolbar? The profile only contains settings fpr the printer driver.

The defined settings of the toolbar are lost even when I restart the Office-application.

Thank your very much
Martin
John - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Hi Martin,

please upload your profile file here - zipped and we will test.

You cannot set default settings for the office addin and define at installation I am afraid.

Also - please advise your version of Windows.

thanks
If posting files to this forum - you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded - thank you.

Best regards
Tracker Support
rzwr
User

Profile File

Post by rzwr »

Hi,
this is the profile file. I think it is ok. If I use the import-function the profile and the defined settings are available.
Just if I try to use the profile to make an silent installation the profile is not in the list

PDFX4.exe /VERYSILENT /NORESTART /Lang=gr /DIR="C:\Programme\PDF-XChange 4 Pro\" "/Key:xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" "/UserName:Land OOe" "/Organization:Land OOe" "/InstallProfile:C:\Land_OOE.ppr"

thanks
Martin
Attachments
Land_OOE.zip
Profile File
(2.36 KiB) Downloaded 418 times
John - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Hi,

Please try:

PDFX4.exe /VERYSILENT /NORESTART /Lang=gr /DIR="C:\Programme\PDF-XChange 4 Pro\" /Key:"xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" /UserName:"Land OOe" /Organization:"Land OOe" /InstallProfile:"C:\Land_OOE.ppr"

also - you will need to allow a restart when the driver is updated - the above obviously does not allow this.
Hope that helps

Best regards
Tracker Support
rzwr
User

Post by rzwr »

Hi,

i installed PDF XChange with and without /NORESTART, with /InstallProfile:"C:\Land_OOE.ppr" and with "/InstallProfile:C:\Land_OOE.ppr". Nothing changed. After installation there ist only one profile "Current" and the settings defined in Land_OOE.ppr are not available.
Best regards
Martin
John - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Hi,

The reason you have only one is that you have only used one PPR file - as detailed in the help - if you wish to assign more than one profile - you must create several and then export them all - to individual PPR files and then create a text file :

From the help file:
using a text file containing a list of profile files and the full paths where they are located. Create a text file using any standard text editor - i.e. Notepad. Create a file containing the list of profiles you have created and their location on the drive at the time you intend to run the installation, for example:

C:\Tmp\Myprofile1.ppr
D:\Figna\Myprofile222.ppr
D:\XXXX\Myprofile33.ppr
M:\YYYYY\Myprofile444.ppr
Z:\ZZZZZ\Myprofile5.ppr

Save this list to a an ASCII text file - ensuring the extension given to the file is .lst The last profile in the list will be installed as the default profile on opening PDF-XChange !

You can now use the following command line switch as part of your silent installation options

i.e.: /InstallProfile:"C:\Tmp\MyProfilesList.lst"
I would also suggest in your tests you delete any profiles in the PDF-XChange Printer preferences before trying to run the silent install - if you do not fully uninstall first.

Best regards
Tracker Support
rzwr
User

Post by rzwr »

Hi,
I am still not able to silent install PDF XChange 4 and a profile like I did it with version 3. I tried
/InstallProfile:"C:\List.lst" like you told me and
"/InstallProfile:C:\List.lst" like described in the documentation.
In List.lst I added one and more profiles including path and without path
The ist always the same message: Can´t find profile or list of profiles: C:\List.lst
I tried /InstallProfile:"C:\Land_OOE.ppr" like in 3.6 and "/InstallProfile:C:\Land_OOE.ppr" like it has to be made in version 4. The profile exists an can be imported manually. But after silent installation there is no profile called Land_OOE. Just "Current".
In 3.6 it worked without any problem but in version 4 ít does not work.
John - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Hi,

we are rechecking this and it does appear there 'could' be a problem in certain circumstances depending on the OS/install procedure - please bear with us whilst we investigate a little further.

thanks

Best regards
Tracker Support
Ivan - Tracker Software
Site Admin

Post by Ivan - Tracker Software »

Fixed. The fix will be available into the build 0148 comming soon.
Tracker Software (Project Director)

When attaching files to any message - please ensure they are archived and posted as a .ZIP, .RAR or .7z format - or they will not be posted - thanks.