cb.where items creation in IPXV_SearchView  SOLVED

PDF-XChange Editor SDK for Developers

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

Forum rules
DO NOT post your license/serial key, or your activation code - these forums, and all posts within, are public and we will be forced to immediately deactivate your license.

When experiencing some errors, use the IAUX_Inst::FormatHRESULT method to see their description and include it in your post along with the error code.
zarkogajic
User

cb.where items creation in IPXV_SearchView

Post by zarkogajic »

Hi Support,

I've upgraded from v9.4.x to v10.1.x ... and some stuff works differently - so my code fails to work as before...

This topic is kind of extension to : viewtopic.php?t=39140

I think my current issue has to do with: viewtopic.php?p=162468#p162468

Here's what I'm doing: disabling (or enabling back) the "Browse for folder" item in cb.where combo in IPXV_SearchView.

In version 9.x when I'm *setting up the control* I'm locating the "browse" item and setting UIX_ComboItemStyle_Disabled for it.

This (has been in v9) works as expected and looks like this:

image.png

In v10 even after the "disable" call - the item is not disabled. This, I guess, means you are recreating the combo items at some later time. Again, I guess, you check for "IsolatedMainFrames' and decide what items to (re-)create/add. Never mind if I set IsolatedFrames to true or false, the same happens - all cb.where items seem to be recreated at some later time.

Problem I have: at what "time" do you recreate those items?

What event can I look for when you read Isolated and re-create those items - so I can disable/enable the ones I want (once added / created)?

p.s.
It seems I can set UIX_ObjStyle_NeedPreEvent for that combo and implement IUIX_ObjImpl - so that each time UIX_Notify_BeforeShowPopup is fired I disable what I need disabled.

But, I would be more happy to be able to do it only once (as before in v9).

p.s.2
Yes, I'm also setting UIX_ComboItemStyle_Separator for the "In all Open Documents" item - but that's another story. However, the same as above happens.

-žarko
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team
Site Admin

Re: cb.where items creation in IPXV_SearchView

Post by Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team »

Hi Zarko.

These are events that cause this combo to reload:

e.document.viewingStarted // when doc is just opened and starting to show itself to the user
e.activeDocChanged // when doc is activated
e.documentView.activated // when doc-tab is activated
e.document.titleChanged // when user renamed the doc
e.app.settingsChanged // when user changed the app's Prefs

HTH.
Vasyl Yaremyn
Tracker Software Products
Project Developer

Please archive any files posted to a ZIP, 7z or RAR file or they will be removed and not posted.
zarkogajic
User

Post by zarkogajic »

Hi Vasyl,

Those events resulted in combo reload even in v9.x.y - before taking into acount isolated frames?

As described in prev version I could disable the "browse folder" entry only once (upon control setup).

-žarko
Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team
Site Admin

Post by Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team »

It is hard to say now what was changed exactly there that caused such changes in behavior. Because we are constantly improving/fixing the code around the app. But I can confirm that at the moment this combo reloading itself on these events without taking into account the frames isolation.
Vasyl Yaremyn
Tracker Software Products
Project Developer

Please archive any files posted to a ZIP, 7z or RAR file or they will be removed and not posted.
zarkogajic
User

Re: cb.where items creation in IPXV_SearchView  SOLVED

Post by zarkogajic »

Hi Vasyl,

OK. Thanks.

I'm taking the following approach : custom IUIX_ObjImpl (+UIX_ObjStyle_NeedPreEvent) for that combo - so that each time UIX_Notify_BeforeShowPopup is fired I disable what I need disabled.

-žarko
Dimitar - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

cb.where items creation in IPXV_SearchView

Post by Dimitar - Tracker Supp »

:)