Clicking with the typewriter or text box tool temporarily registers a ghost comment that can't be deleted  SOLVED

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

rakunavi
User

Clicking with the typewriter or text box tool temporarily registers a ghost comment that can't be deleted

Post by rakunavi »

=== UPDATE ===================================================================
The issue reported below has been resolved in Ver 10.1.1 build 381.
I appreciate all the hard work and efforts of the support and development team.
==============================================================================

Hello all,

With the comment tool of a typewriter or text box, if you only click to specify the input position and then click another position without inputting any text, nothing should be registered as a comment. I understand that the minimum requirement for a comment to be registered as a comment is to specify the comment size at least by dragging, even if no text is entered.

However, I found that even when you only clicked, which should not be registered as a comment, the comment is displayed as a ghost comment when the comments pane is opened. If the comments pane is already open, you can close it and reopen it to see the ghost comment. I say "ghost comment" because while the comments pane is open, you cannot delete it, but if you save it to a file and reopen it, it disappears.

Although I am reporting this issue at the time build 380 was released, it also occurs in previous builds. Since there are no other adverse effects on the use of the application, the priority for this issue is considered very low.

The outline of the verification has already been written, but it is shown again as a procedure as follows.

1. Select the comment tool in the typewriter or text box.
    • Click on the appropriate position on the page. At this time, be careful not to drag the mouse to specify a range. With a mouse, when the click button is pressed, the force of the button press is transmitted to the mouse itself, causing the mouse position to move slightly, which may be judged as an unintentional drag. It would be easier to reproduce this with an input device such as a trackball or trackpoint, whose structure makes it impossible for the pointer to move due to clicking.
      • Open the comments pane. If the comments pane is already open, close it and reopen it.
        • Confirm that one ghost comment is registered in the comments pane. Click on the ghost comment in the comments pane to select it.
          • Try deleting the ghost comment from the toolbar or right-click menu. You probably will not be able to delete it. Note that if you try to delete the comment from the beginning without selecting it on the comments pane in the previous step, you will be able to delete it. In other words, the issue cannot be reproduced.
            • If you save the file as a file and reopen it, the ghost comment should disappear.
            See the video for more details.

• Animation.gif
            Hoping that the above information will be of some help to you.
            Thank you so much for your continued support.

Best regards,
            rakunavi

- PDF-XChange Editor Plus Version: 10.1.0 build 380
            - OS Version: Windows 11 Home 22H2 Build 22621.2134
            - PC Model: Lenovo IdeaPad C340-15IWL, HP All-in-One 22-c0xx
            You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
            Last edited by rakunavi on Wed Sep 20, 2023 12:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
            TOP desires for PDFXCE
            forum.pdf-xchange.com/viewtopic.php?t=39665 LassoTool
            forum.pdf-xchange.com/viewtopic.php?t=38554 CmtGarbled
            forum.pdf-xchange.com/viewtopic.php?t=37353 FulScrMultiMon
            forum.pdf-xchange.com/viewtopic.php?t=41002 DisableTouchSelect
            Dimitar - Tracker Supp
            Site Admin

Re: Clicking with the typewriter or text box tool temporarily registers a ghost comment that can't be deleted

Post by Dimitar - Tracker Supp »

Hello rakunavi,

Thanks for reporting this issue to us.

I think I saw a similar problem with another annotation tool.

I will ask our developers to take a look.

Regards.
            rakunavi
            User

Re: Clicking with the typewriter or text box tool temporarily registers a ghost comment that can't be deleted

Post by rakunavi »

Hello Dimitar, thank you for contacting the developer.
            I am relieved to share my situation with you.
            Please give my best regards to developers.

Best regards,
            rakunavi
            TOP desires for PDFXCE
            forum.pdf-xchange.com/viewtopic.php?t=39665 LassoTool
            forum.pdf-xchange.com/viewtopic.php?t=38554 CmtGarbled
            forum.pdf-xchange.com/viewtopic.php?t=37353 FulScrMultiMon
            forum.pdf-xchange.com/viewtopic.php?t=41002 DisableTouchSelect
            Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team
            Site Admin

Re: Clicking with the typewriter or text box tool temporarily registers a ghost comment that can't be deleted  SOLVED

Post by Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team »

Hi rakunavi.

We will fix that issue soon.

Also:
            With a mouse, when the click button is pressed, the force of the button press is transmitted to the mouse itself, causing the mouse position to move slightly, which may be judged as an unintentional drag. It would be easier to reproduce this with an input device such as a trackball or trackpoint, whose structure makes it impossible for the pointer to move due to clicking.
            - it will be improved too...

Cheers.
            Vasyl Yaremyn
            Tracker Software Products
            Project Developer

Please archive any files posted to a ZIP, 7z or RAR file or they will be removed and not posted.