sign document multiple pages

This Forum is for the use of End Users requiring help and assistance for Tracker Software's PDF-Tools.

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Tracker Supp-Stefan

Thomas.Seufert
User

sign document multiple pages

Post by Thomas.Seufert »

Hey everybody,
to sign with pdf-tool a document with more than one pages I use the clickbox "to last page".
But it creates only on one page the signatur.
Is it a bug?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Re: sign document multiple pages

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hello Thomas.Seufert,

Welcome to our forums. That checkbox means that the signature will be added to the last page of the document only, and not that it would be added to all pages up to the last one!

Digital signatures require that you save the file at the moment of signing, so it's not really possible to place the same digital signature on all pages (and it also does not make much sense). It would be better if you e.g. add a visual representation of a signature as say a watermark to all of your pages, and then perform ONE digital signing as a last step.

Kind regards,
Stefan
Thomas.Seufert
User

Post by Thomas.Seufert »

Hello all,
It's a pity, but in an earlier version this was already possible.
Especially as the designation (at least in German) "bis zum Ende" means that every page is signed up to the last page.
Perhaps it can be included in a next version. For example, "from page 2" "to the end".
It makes sense to sign a multi-page document on all pages.
For example, multi-page technical drawings or parts lists that are often used for production in different areas.
This way, the approved signatures are visible on all pages.
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Post by TrackerSupp-Daniel »

Hello, Thomas.Seufert

PDF-Tools has never offered the ability to do this, If the German translation offered text which seemed to indicate that, I am sorry to say that it would have been a mistranslation. All translations are handled by volunteer translators, and cannot be perfectly verified, as we do not have native speakers of many languages available to do so.

If you do wish to accomplish this, the only way we have offered this functionality in the past, and now, is if the original document had a number of empty signature fields with the same name already in place. If you wish to accomplish this right now, a quick process would be to open the file in the Editor, open the "form" tab, and click the "signature" Field tool. Please this single signature field in the correct location on the first page in the document, then right click on it and choose "duplicate":
image.png
After that, simpoly specify that you want to copy it to all pages:
image(1).png
And then you can save the file.

Following this, you can either sign directly in the editor, or you can use PDF tools and ensure you choose the option to sign unsigned fields if they exist:
image(2).png
The resultant signed document will only contain 1 singular "signature certificate" which is visually represented on every page of the document where you duplicated the original signature field, instead of needing a new separate signing action for every single page, overwhelming the file with a ridiculous amount of signatures.

I can certainly pass the idea along to the dev team to see if they think this would be a worthwhile addition to PDF-Tools, but I cannot make any promises that it will be implemented at this time.

Kind regards,
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Dan McIntyre - Support Technician
Tracker Software Products (Canada) LTD

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Our Web site domain and email address has changed as of 26/10/2023.
https://www.pdf-xchange.com
Support@pdf-xchange.com
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Post by TrackerSupp-Daniel »

Hello, again Thomas.Seufert

With a little Persuasion, I was able to convince the Dev team that this would be a good addition to the PDF-Tools options. While I cannot promise exactly when or how it will be implemented, this was the mockup I gave them that convinced them of the usefulness. Hopefully we can see something along these lines in a future release!
image.png
While internal only, you can ask any member of the support team for an update by referencing this ticket number:
RT#6608: FR: Add "place signature on multiple pages" to PDF-Tools

Kind regards,
Dan McIntyre - Support Technician
Tracker Software Products (Canada) LTD

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Our Web site domain and email address has changed as of 26/10/2023.
https://www.pdf-xchange.com
Support@pdf-xchange.com