Can I develop a my own plugin of PDF xchange editor?

This forum is for plugins used in the PDF-XChange Editor only.

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

kksskkoopp
User

Can I develop a my own plugin of PDF xchange editor?

Post by kksskkoopp »

I am an individual developer. Can I develop a my own plugin of PDF -XChange Editor? If so, where can I find relevant API documents or development manual?
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Re: Can I develop a my own plugin of PDF xchange editor?

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hello kksskkoopp,

Can you please share a bit more details of what you want such a plug-in to be able to do?
And do you need this for your own personal use or do you plan on marketing such a plug-in?

Kind regards,
Stefan
kksskkoopp
User

Post by kksskkoopp »

I want to develop a plugin to automatically generate bookmarks by recognizing contents pages for those PDFs which donot have bookmarks. And this plugin is just for personal use.
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Post by TrackerSupp-Daniel »

Hello, kksskkoopp

Before you start looking into that, we already have an extensive bookmarks plugin which offers functions very much like what you seem to describe. Have you tried our existing Bookmarks features yet? Is there something specific which is missing?
If there is no text content in a document, you could perform OCR on the pages first, after that, our bookmarks functions would allow you to pick a section of text,, or manually specify some font detials, and generate bookmarks based on the page text, just as an example. This sounds very similar to what you have described.

Kind regards,
Dan McIntyre - Support Technician
Tracker Software Products (Canada) LTD

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Our Web site domain and email address has changed as of 26/10/2023.
https://www.pdf-xchange.com
Support@pdf-xchange.com
kksskkoopp
User

Post by kksskkoopp »

Yes, I have tried the existing Bookmarks feature. But after OCR, selecting text, creating bookmarks, and setting jump targets still require a lot of manual work, especially when there are a lot of items or many PDFs that need to be processed. Thus, I wish that I can develop a highly automated plug-in to reduce these manual work.

I would like to know whether the PDF-XChange-Editor official allows the behavior of personal development of such a plug-in which is just for personal use? If permitted, I would like to know where I can find the relevant API documents and development manuals.
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Post by TrackerSupp-Daniel »

Hello, kksskkoopp

Understood, in that case, yes, development of a personal plugin is possible. It would require approval from my manager to gain access to the correct SDK, and then you would need to submit that plugin to our dev team for review, after which its use would require and Editor or Editor plus license, depending on which licensed features it makes use of.

To gain that initial approval and get access to the correct SDK, please Email Sales@pdf-xchange.com, with a detailed description of your desire to create a personal plugin, and what specific functions you initially plan to incorporate. We will get back to you by email as soon as that has gone through.

Kind regards,
Dan McIntyre - Support Technician
Tracker Software Products (Canada) LTD

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Our Web site domain and email address has changed as of 26/10/2023.
https://www.pdf-xchange.com
Support@pdf-xchange.com