Pinned Recents Not Saving on Close and Reopen

PDF-XChange Editor SDK for Developers

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

Forum rules
DO NOT post your license/serial key, or your activation code - these forums, and all posts within, are public and we will be forced to immediately deactivate your license.

When experiencing some errors, use the IAUX_Inst::FormatHRESULT method to see their description and include it in your post along with the error code.
DwightSchrute
User

Pinned Recents Not Saving on Close and Reopen

Post by DwightSchrute »

Hello,

I'm having an issue with Pinned Recents Not Saving on Close and Reopen - they are remembered for our current software session, but as soon as our software is closed and reopened the Pinned Recents list is reset/lost.

My developer mentioned the following:

"It doesn’t look like I have control over that in the SDK. I just have one settings file I write out to. If Tracker isn’t saving these pins there, then I don’t know what else to do."

Is there any way we can get "Pinned Recents" list to save correctly through our software closing down and reopening? Is there a way to set another list/setting file to save out etc for the Pinned Recents or is this not supported?

Thank you in advance for any input you can provide on this.
Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team
Site Admin

Re: Pinned Recents Not Saving on Close and Reopen

Post by Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team »

Hi DwightSchrute.

To keep the files opening history (and pinned state too) you need to save/load the history-files too. Please look at our FullDemo SDK sample project. There you may find the code necessary to do that.

image.png

HTH.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Vasyl Yaremyn
Tracker Software Products
Project Developer

Please archive any files posted to a ZIP, 7z or RAR file or they will be removed and not posted.
DwightSchrute
User

Post by DwightSchrute »

I'm sorry, can you point me in the direction of where to find this Full Demo Sample Project with that code?

I'm trying to clue my developer in as much as possible to hopefully get him to implement this.
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Post by TrackerSupp-Daniel »

Hello, DwightSchrute

That should be on our Github repository, here if I'm not mistaken (I am not a developer, so I apologize if this is not the correct fulldemo): https://github.com/pdf-xchange/PDFEdito ... ter/CSharp
There are a few other fulldemo files in the other sections of the EditorSDKExamples which might help for other languages.

Kind regards,
Dan McIntyre - Support Technician
Tracker Software Products (Canada) LTD

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Our Web site domain and email address has changed as of 26/10/2023.
https://www.pdf-xchange.com
Support@pdf-xchange.com
DwightSchrute
User

Post by DwightSchrute »

I apologize but I can't seem to find anything relevant to the history/pinned recents. Is there any way you can help me with the code that would need to be used to keep track of recents/pinned recents/history or how to force the file to be created to store and read this from? Thank you, any help is appreciated.
Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team
Site Admin

Post by Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team »

https://github.com/pdf-xchange/PDFEdito ... MainFrm.cs
Look there for all "KeepHist" substring entries...
Vasyl Yaremyn
Tracker Software Products
Project Developer

Please archive any files posted to a ZIP, 7z or RAR file or they will be removed and not posted.