searchable docs

The PDF-XChange Viewer for End Users
+++ FREE +++

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

phones and stuff
User

searchable docs

Post by phones and stuff »

Hi,

so recently I started to back up a lot of files and scanning them in instead of saving hard copies.

This is great but I recently found that none of them are searchable and I cant figure out why?

I am using 2 diffent versions 8.0 build 341.0 and 10.0.1 build 371

Neither one returns any results if I try searching in the scanned in docs, but do on any pdf I've down loaded or printed from say a word doc,

Anyone have any suggestions why??
Dimitar - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Re: searchable docs

Post by Dimitar - Tracker Supp »

Hello phones and stuff,

Scanned PDF files are made entirely out of images ( no real text).

To convert them to searchable ones you have to pass them through the OCR tool:

image.png

You can do this during the scanning as well:

image(1).png

Regards.
phones and stuff
User

Post by phones and stuff »

thanks for the reply but I don't see that tab or option in either version I am running!!

doing a quick launch for OCR or conversion also turns up nothing!!!
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Post by TrackerSupp-Daniel »

Hello, phones and stuff

OCR pages and Scan documents tools should both be visible, even if you have enabled the option to hide licensed features, and the quick launch search bar is always able to find them. If these are not present, it would mean you have performed a custom installation (or downloaded the portable version) which does not include our OCR features, or there was an error in your installation.

Please Uninstall our software via the windows control panel, and restart the PC. Then head back to your account page, and download/run the latest installer presented there (if you have not made a purchase, you can download from our products page instead). Ensure you choose a "complete" installation when the installer prompts as much, and you should find that these options resurface for you to access.

Kind regards,
Dan McIntyre - Support Technician
Tracker Software Products (Canada) LTD

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Our Web site domain and email address has changed as of 26/10/2023.
https://www.pdf-xchange.com
Support@pdf-xchange.com