Label or Sticky note size fixing?

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

user2222
User

Label or Sticky note size fixing?

Post by user2222 »

Hallo,

I use the Area or Perimeter tool and though that I can show the m² or m in the Information box that pops um under comments.
But die Box es are Changing there size al the time.
Howe can i let them Stay an one place and in one Size?
grafik(1).png

the box is in the Program with the snapshot not visible.?

grafik.png
with MS sniping tool copied

I couldn´t find any help in the forum. Maybe i´m looking at the wrong place. :?:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Re: Label or Sticky note size fixing?

Post by TrackerSupp-Daniel »

Hello, user2222

Stick notes, and the popups tied to them are "screenspace relative" instead of based on the document size. This means that no matter your zoom level while looking at the document, they should always take up roughly the same amount of space on your screen. as an example:
PDFXEdit_mFmIRp8f0p.gif
So, once you create one of these objects, you can resize it as desired, just click and drag one of the corners, as you do with your System Application Windows. That size should be saved in the document, and stay in place for repeat open/close operations. It is also open to be interpreted by other apps viewing the file. For example, Adobe will usually inflate the popups to be a few pixels larger in each direction while viewing the file.

Kind regards,
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Dan McIntyre - Support Technician
Tracker Software Products (Canada) LTD

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Our Web site domain and email address has changed as of 26/10/2023.
https://www.pdf-xchange.com
Support@pdf-xchange.com
user2222
User

Post by user2222 »

Tanks for the answer,
in my work I have to take measurements and the area tool gives me the squar meter not the scope out in the Popup/label.
The perimeter tool gives me this information. But then I have do to the job twice.
And they are always on the Display and overlaying each other. But I need them to stay where i place them.
Is there a way that i get the information Area and scope from the Area tool to show up in a Label or something ales without seting a text field and type each Information?

I would like that it look´s somethink like this.
grafik(1).png
And it should be printabel if I make a Snapshot.

Kind regards.
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hello user2222,

Due to the PDF specificaton we can not really include the perimeter information inside the pop-up for an Area, as if you were to change that area measurement - we need to recalculate it and include the new area in the pop-up to be compliant with the PDF ISO spec. So unfortunately there is no way for you to automate this.

However you should only need the Area tool - not both.
You can e.g. add your perimeter value (that is visible in the pop-up at the bottom of my below screenshot) as a reply to the original measurement and have them both printed that way:
image.png
Your screenshot indicates that you are likely using an older build of the Editor. The "Reply" options visible on my screenshot will require you to update to the current version.

Kind regards,
Stefan