Open tabs lost from previous session  SOLVED

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

dwg11
User

Open tabs lost from previous session

Post by dwg11 »

Hi, I have "Restore Last session when application starts" on so that the working tabs aren't lost.
This works as expected, except that I often use the context menu (right click menu), to combine files with "Combine in PDF-Exchange Editor" before the application is open, and then all the recent tabs are lost.
Is there a way to prevent this from happening as I typically forget that the open tabs will be lost.
Willy Van Nuffel
User

Re: Open tabs lost from previous session

Post by Willy Van Nuffel »

Did you try with the latest build 385 ?

See: viewtopic.php?p=175821
dwg11
User

Post by dwg11 »

Thanks for responding.
I can't figure out what build it is but suggest it's recent as the software I'm currently using is from work.
Willy Van Nuffel
User

Re: Open tabs lost from previous session  SOLVED

You can verify the build via the Help-ribbon > About. Please let us know.

In case you are already using build 385 (Jan. 24, 2024), then we will have to wait for an answer from pdf-xchange.com support.

Kind regards.
dwg11
User

Post by dwg11 »

Hi, it's build 366.0 version 9.5, the date is Dec 2022, it looks like it probably can't be resolved then.
Thanks anyway.
Willy Van Nuffel
User

To be sure, I tested with build 385 and the problem you describe is also there.
After using the "Combine in PDF-XChange Editor" option in Windows Explorer, the "Last used session" is lost.

A solution for now might be to consciously save the current session before closing PDF-XChange Editor (via File > Open > Sessions > Save Current Session).

@pdf-xchange.com support
Do you see another solution for this, or could this be a candidate for a feature request?

Kind regards.
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Post by TrackerSupp-Daniel »

Hello, Willy Van Nuffel

I expect this is a bug, the new option we added to the restore last session, is intended to have a clear rule for this situation.
image.png
If the second option is enabled, than an action like this should cause what we are seeing, but if it is disabled, then the old document should be restored alongside the newly opened (or in this case, combined) document. That is not the case, at the moment, so I have reported this bug to the dev team. For now, I am sorry to say that you will need to either manually export your sessions, or leave the software open when you are not done working with specific files.

Hopefully we can see this resolved in the next release, but I cannot make any promises at this time.

Kind regards,
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Dan McIntyre - Support Technician
Tracker Software Products (Canada) LTD

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Our Web site domain and email address has changed as of 26/10/2023.
https://www.pdf-xchange.com
Support@pdf-xchange.com