Yellow backgroundcolor at scans

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

dediggefedde
User

Yellow backgroundcolor at scans

Post by dediggefedde »

I used a scanner in grey-scale mode to generate a pdf.
In PDF XChange-Editor the background color is now yellow.
In Adobe and Firefox it's displayed in white.

Is this a bug or a wrong setting?
The accessibility setting for replacing colors is disabled. Setting it to replace colors using the windows scheme does not affect the document.
pdfxchange_wrongcolor.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Jordan - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Re: Yellow backgroundcolor at scans

Post by Jordan - Tracker Supp »

Hello dediggefedde,

Welcome to the forum!

This usually indicates that there is a color profile issue, and our Editor is likely just loading a different color profile compared to your other applications. not an issue on our end, but an issue with the profile itself that Windows is suggesting we use.

Before trying the below steps, please first ensure that your windows installation is as fully up to date as possible.

Resolving this will take a little trial and error, please open the start menu and type in the following:

C:\Windows\System32\spool\drivers\color

That folder contains all of the color profiles available to your computer one or two of which is the cause of this problem, the quickest way to resolve this issue is to create a new empty folder, then do the following steps:

1. Close our Editor.
2. Move a handful of files from the "Color" folder, to the temporary "new folder". ( I have 20 color files personally, so I would move them in batches of 10 to expedite the process, most PC's have far less, often below 10)
3. Re-open the editor/document to check if the colors are looking correct for both viewing and printing.
4. If the issue is not fixed, repeat from step 1 until you find a "group" which does resolve the issue.
After you find the group which causes the issue, only then proceed to step 5.
5. Close the Editor again,
6. Now move all the color files back into the color folder, except the handful you just moved out.
7. relaunch the editor to verify that it still looks correct.
8. Close the editor again, this time move one of the remaining files back into the folder at a time.
9. Repeat steps 7 and 8 until you find the one that do causes the issue.
10. Remove that one file from the folder, and place all others back in it. (you do not need to delete it, it just needs to stay out of that folder).

This should resolve the issue until an update comes out from whichever application/device/monitor provided that profile, with a new version that properly fixes the issue.
Best regards,
Jordan
xanthos295
User

Post by xanthos295 »

Hi, I have the same problem, starting after upgrade vom Version 9.5 to 10, my scanned paged had a yellow background. After deinstalling version 10 and installing version 9.5 again, the scanned pages are white again. Didn't change anything else. Configuration in pdfxchange version 10???
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hello xanthos295,

Figuring out a colour profile that might be affecting this should be easier than reverting back to an older build (which might have issues that have been resolved in the later ones), and the majority of those colour profiles are created automatically and are not really needed so are safe to be re/moved out of that folder.

Kind regards,
Stefan