Incorrect display of some diacritics (Bookmarks)

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

Toygun
User

Incorrect display of some diacritics (Bookmarks)

Post by Toygun »

Hello,

Some* diacritics (grave accents) are displayed incorrectly in bookmarks. I have tried over 200 fonts. Diacritics display correctly with the A____at built-in font (a kind of Helvetica). I don't know if it's the font or A____at's ingenuity.

*For example: ı̇̄ < dotless i "ı" + dot above + macron

I just tested it with the following software: It displays correctly in Chrome, Opera, Edge, Pdf____ory, Sum___a (after increasing the font size) and this forum**. However, it does not display correctly in Firefox and XChange.

**Noto-Sans won't work either.

Other diacritical marks can be created at: https://www.lexilogos.com/keyboard/diacritics.htm
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Re: Incorrect display of some diacritics (Bookmarks)

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hello Toygun,

Can you please also include a sample document with the bookmark using that font so that I can pass it on to our devs and ask them to take a look?
If you can also provide a screenshot of the correct display of that letter - that would be great!

Kind regards,
Stefan
Toygun
User

Post by Toygun »

Hello Stefan,

A blank document was created in XChange. Font: Segoe UI, 14 pt
XChange, diacritics, 22-02-2024-4-samples.png
Sum....
XChange, diacritics, 22-02-2024-Sum-2.png
Tracker Supp-Stefan wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2024 9:16 am Hello Toygun,

Can you please also include a sample document with the bookmark using that font so that I can pass it on to our devs and ask them to take a look?
If you can also provide a screenshot of the correct display of that letter - that would be great!

Kind regards,
Stefan
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hello Toygun,

Thanks for the sample file and screenshots. I've asked a colleague who works on fonts to take a look and advise further!

Kind regards,
Stefan