Open containing folder keyboard shortcut /button [suggestion]

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

MedBooster
User

Open containing folder keyboard shortcut /button [suggestion]

Post by MedBooster »

image.png
Could you please allow for a button and keyboard shortcut for this function? "Open containing folder..."
I could not find it in the shortcuts menu.

PS:
previously I have been asked to use certain forum pages/sections to post certain questions, reports or suggestions, is still the case or am I using the correct forum page?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Wishlist
Bookmarks with page numbers
Optional fixed small icon size in the toolbar
Shift to UNLOCK aspect ratio/i]
Allow more "toolbars" to the title bar
AltGr issues with character input and keyboard shortcuts
MedBooster
User

Re: Open containing folder keyboard shortcut /button [suggestion]

Post by MedBooster »

On second thought you would have to be in the correct tab (document) before using the keyboard shortcut so maybe it would not be so useful. Anyway... as we've discussed previously:

Are you able to bind these other functions to keyboard shortcuts? See the attached screenshot.
image.png
Previous post as reference:
viewtopic.php?t=39407&hilit=duplicate+tab

So basically, I would be curious to hear which of these functions you could enable keyboard shortcuts for. I think it would be useful to have the option for nearly all of them.

This is why it's really good to be able to bind almost any function to a keyboard shortcut: viewtopic.php?t=38548
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Wishlist
Bookmarks with page numbers
Optional fixed small icon size in the toolbar
Shift to UNLOCK aspect ratio/i]
Allow more "toolbars" to the title bar
AltGr issues with character input and keyboard shortcuts
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hello MedBooster,

Those commands are available in the "Customize Toolbars" dialogue, and can be set up with a custom shortcut key (there is none by default, but you can apply a new one to them if you want):
image.png
Duplicate Tab is not available though - checking with the UI devs to see if there is a specific reason for that.

Kind regards,
Stefan
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hello again MedBooster,

You can add a shortcut for "New Document Window":
image.png
And that will work the same as Duplicate tab.

Kind regards,
Stefan