how to change font size

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

andyx1
User

how to change font size

Post by andyx1 »

Hi, I don't understand about such simple operation like change text's font size. I tried all the ways but I can't. Is there some documentation about it ? My product is PDF X-Change Editor, licensed version.
Paul - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Re: how to change font size

Post by Paul - Tracker Supp »

Hi, andyx1

when editing text there are two places you can change the font, and this is true whether you are using the Edit Text tool to edit base content, or when editing comments. You can use either the "Properties Pane" or switch to the dynamic "Format" tab that appears when you select objects to edit:
image.png
Font size:
image(1).png
and here:
image(2).png
does that address your question?

Kind regards,
Paul - Tracker Supp
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Best regards

Paul O'Rorke
Tracker Support North America
http://www.tracker-software.com
andyx1
User

Post by andyx1 »

Thanks, seems to be the second option is working for me. How can I add font type and size toolbar on dashboard like in your example 1 ? I haven't.
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Post by TrackerSupp-Daniel »

Hello, andyx1

When you have text (or most content for that matter) selected, the "format" tab will appear in the toolbar. This toolbar is dynamic and will offer controls relevant to the selected content. It is present by default, so all you need to do is first select the text as Paul shows, and then the Format tab containing all of these tools will appear.

Kind regards,
Dan McIntyre - Support Technician
Tracker Software Products (Canada) LTD

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Our Web site domain and email address has changed as of 26/10/2023.
https://www.pdf-xchange.com
Support@pdf-xchange.com
Paul - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by Paul - Tracker Supp »

Hi, andyx1

That is a "Dynamic" tab that appears when you have the text selected. You will not see it until you select text with a text modification tool like the "Edit Text" tool.

I try to illustrate with this animation.

First I choose the "Edit Text" tool and there is no "Format" tab. I then select a text block and it appears, but it shows the properties of the "container", the text block itself. If I then go on and select the actual text itself the "Format" tab contents changes accordingly to text properties.
DynamicFormatTab.gif
So to use it to modify the font size you need to:
1. Use a Text editing Tool
2. Select the text block - the Format tab shows properties for the container
3. Select the text within the block - the format tab shows properties for the text

So it is expected to only see font properties there when you go all the way into selecting the text itself.

Does that clear things up?

Kind regards,
Paul - Tracker Supp
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Best regards

Paul O'Rorke
Tracker Support North America
http://www.tracker-software.com