Feature Request: Option to Delete White Spaces Built Into Resize

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

PHK
User

Post by PHK »

I like to merge pages, usually vertically, of related pages but where the individual pages may vary in size. For instance, I might have a multi-page letter with attachments that may be landscape format or completely different sizes. But I want this stack of merged pages to be one neat width, say matching the original letter at 8.5" in width. I can achieve that by resizing the non-conforming pages (or all pages for that matter) to a standard width, perhaps the original 8.5". I can do that by opting in Content Scale Options to scale the page content according new page size and keeping aspect ratio and then selecting a Custom Page Size near the top of the pop-up menu to the desired width the left-most box (8.5" in the example above) and leaving the height box (to the right) without any content. The Resize Pages tool will resize all the selected pages to that width. However, the height of the pages does not conform to all the pages; there will be white spaces above and below the pages that have had their size reduced. Those white spaces can be eliminated with the Crop Pages tool, using the "Remove All White Space" as the Crop Method. Whilst this not too onerous, it would be nice to have the option within the Resize Pages pop-up menu as a tick-box election to remove all white spaces so that this could all be done in one step.

I hope this is not too much to ask and I thank you in advance for your consideration.
All best,

FringePhil
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Re: Feature Request: Option to Delete White Spaces Built Into Resize

Post by TrackerSupp-Daniel »

Hello, PHK

This one may be a bit situational, but I expect that some users could certainly find some benefit to this being available. We are running this by the Dev team for consideration, but I cannot promise implementation just yet. Hopefully after a discussion we can share some good news.

Kind regards,
Dan McIntyre - Support Technician
Tracker Software Products (Canada) LTD

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Our Web site domain and email address has changed as of 26/10/2023.
https://www.pdf-xchange.com
Support@pdf-xchange.com
PHK
User

Re: Feature Request: Option to Delete White Spaces Built Into Resize

Post by PHK »

Many thanks for your support, Daniel.
All best,

FringePhil
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin