How to use a stylus to add underlines to highlighted text

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

rakunavi
User

Post by rakunavi »

Hello all,

When underlining highlighted text, even if the exclusive mode is set to False, underlines are added to the dragged range without any special operation with the mouse.

• introduction.gif
However, when trying to underline a highlighted text with the stylus, I found that simply selecting the range with the stylus did not work. As long as the exclusive mode is False, it will not work unless a total of three taps are made with the stylus using the timing image shown in the figure below, with approximately three seconds or more between the first and second taps. If you initiate the selection from the third tap, you can underline the selection. Thus, it may be more appropriate to call the third tap the initiation of a selection rather than a tap.

• timing1.png
In some environments, the timing shown below may also work well. In other words, you can reduce the number of taps by one. With my daily user account I can operate with red timings, and with the verification user account I have to operate with blue timings. I have not been able to determine what is causing the difference.

• timing2.png
If you underlined a particular highlight with this special operation, you can underline within that highlight without any special operation. However, if you want to underline in another highlight, you will have to perform the special operation again. See the first of the attached verification videos (Video1_Highlight_ExclusiveModeFalse.mp4).

• VerificationVideos.zip
In the first half of the video I try to select and underline highlighted text as I would with a mouse, but it doesn't work. In the second half of the video, I am able to underline the text by manipulating the stylus at the timing indicated by the blue arrow in the figure.

Of course, if you set the exclusive mode to "True" in the Underline tool, no special operation is required. See the second of the attached verification videos (Video2_Highlight_ExclusiveModeTrue.mp4). However, I do not know of any other case where a function can be operated with the mouse even if the exclusive mode is False, but must be set to True when operated with the stylus. This seems a bit odd to me, so I am reporting it.

The same is true not only when underlining highlighted text, but also when selecting highlighted text. See the third of the attached verification videos (Video3_Select_ExclusiveModeFalse.mp4).

Hoping that the above information will be of some help to you.
Thank you so much for your continued support.

Best regards,
rakunavi

- PDF-XChange Editor Plus Version: 10.2.1 build 385
- OS Version: Windows 11 Home 23H2 Build 22631.3296
- PC Model: Lenovo IdeaPad C340-15IWL with Lenovo Digital Pen (Wacom AES)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
TOP desires for PDFXCE
forum.pdf-xchange.com/viewtopic.php?t=39665 LassoTool
forum.pdf-xchange.com/viewtopic.php?t=38554 CmtGarbled
forum.pdf-xchange.com/viewtopic.php?t=37353 FulScrMultiMon
forum.pdf-xchange.com/viewtopic.php?t=41002 DisableTouchSelect
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Re: How to use a stylus to add underlines to highlighted text

Post by TrackerSupp-Daniel »

Hello, rakunavi

Thank you for the report, I have reproduced this issue and will be showing the appropriate Dev team members as soon as they arrive at the office.

Kind regards,
Dan McIntyre - Support Technician
Tracker Software Products (Canada) LTD

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Our Web site domain and email address has changed as of 26/10/2023.
https://www.pdf-xchange.com
Support@pdf-xchange.com
rakunavi
User

Re: How to use a stylus to add underlines to highlighted text

Post by rakunavi »

Hello Daniel, thank you for your reply.
I am relieved to share my situation with you.
Please give my best regards to the developers.

Best regards,
rakunavi
TOP desires for PDFXCE
forum.pdf-xchange.com/viewtopic.php?t=39665 LassoTool
forum.pdf-xchange.com/viewtopic.php?t=38554 CmtGarbled
forum.pdf-xchange.com/viewtopic.php?t=37353 FulScrMultiMon
forum.pdf-xchange.com/viewtopic.php?t=41002 DisableTouchSelect
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Post by TrackerSupp-Daniel »

:)
Dan McIntyre - Support Technician
Tracker Software Products (Canada) LTD

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Our Web site domain and email address has changed as of 26/10/2023.
https://www.pdf-xchange.com
Support@pdf-xchange.com