LAYER auto

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

Mirada2000
User

LAYER auto

Post by Mirada2000 »

Hello, is it possible when making an annotation to always automatically create a "XX" layer (if it does not exist) and then put these annotations there by default.
Because currently I have to create a layer then set it as default
THANKS
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Re: LAYER auto

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hello Mirada2000,

I do not believe there is such a feature to automate this, however you can e.g. make a few measurements, then select them in the comments pane and after that quickly add them to a layer - either new or existing, by just right clicking over the selection of those comments:
image.png
Kind regards,
Stefan
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Mirada2000
User

Post by Mirada2000 »

Yes but I would have liked the creation of a layer automatically as soon as I add annotations to the documents.
In order not to work without a layer
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hello Mirada2000,

Layers inside a PDF are called "Optional Content Groups" - and as the name implies - they are 'optional'.
The comments that you add are in any case created in a position that is on top of the base content of the same page - so there is already some separation, and if you need to put some comments into layers - you would have to create those yourselves, as there is no automated way for that.

Kind regards,
Stefan