Search Results Marked in Content Panel?

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

PHK
User

Post by PHK »

Am I missing something?

If I do a word Search, of course the text is shown in the active window. But I do not see where the search result is marked or highlighted in the Contents panel. Does it? Should it?
All best,

FringePhil
Paul - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Re: Search Results Marked in Content Panel?

Post by Paul - Tracker Supp »

Hi, PHK

it works for me:
image.png
Are you on the latest? 10.2.1.385 I don't see an option to turn it on and off. Can you export your settings to file and send them to me to test here?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Best regards

Paul O'Rorke
Tracker Support North America
http://www.tracker-software.com
PHK
User

Post by PHK »

Hi, Paul,

Your illustration shows the Bookmarks panel which is exactly the way I would like the Content panel to work.

So, when you say it works for you are you sure you mean the Content panel?
All best,

FringePhil
Paul - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Hi, PHK

aaaagh! I had the wrong pane open! It is a little funny because at first I was saying it doesn't work...

OK - especially since it is available in the Bookmarks Pane I expect this to be possible.
Let me find out and get back to you.
Best regards

Paul O'Rorke
PHK
User

Post by PHK »

Looking forward to what they say...

Thank you.
All best,

FringePhil
Paul - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Hi, again,

well the required dev happened to be near and I asked. I am told that it would not be simple. As it was explained to me the content you see on the page can in reality be all over the place internally and it was suggested the results would not be useful. A lot of magic goes on under the hood when dealing with base content, especially text and text blocks. It gets presented very differently to users from how it is actually structured underneath.

Anyway, the long and the short of things is that the devs are not keen to do anything here and suggest you use the main content window that does show the results.
Best regards

Paul O'Rorke
PHK
User

Post by PHK »

Paul - Tracker Supp wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:40 pm Hi, again,

well the required dev happened to be near and I asked. I am told that it would not be simple. As it was explained to me the content you see on the page can in reality be all over the place internally and it was suggested the results would not be useful. A lot of magic goes on under the hood when dealing with base content, especially text and text blocks. It gets presented very differently to users from how it is actually structured underneath.

Anyway, the long and the short of things is that the devs are not keen to do anything here and suggest you use the main content window that does show the results.
I am not surpised. It is exactly this content that is "all over the place internally" that I would like to deal with and the results would be indeed very useful to me so that I could find and purge unwanted buried content.

Although I am not surprised, I am disappointed.
All best,

FringePhil
Paul - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

:cry:
Best regards

Paul O'Rorke