bookmarks not shown proper in Adobe Reader

This Forum is for the use of Software Developers requiring help and assistance for Tracker Software's PDF-Tools SDK of Library DLL functions(only) - Please use the PDF-XChange Drivers API SDK Forum for assistance with all PDF Print Driver related topics or PDF-XChange Viewer SDK if appropriate.

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Tracker Supp-Stefan

shinedeliver
User

bookmarks not shown proper in Adobe Reader

Post by shinedeliver »

Hi,

I wrote some codes using PXCp_BMInfo to create bookmarks.
the bookmarks shows correct in XChange Viewer. but when i open it by Adobe Reader, some of the bookmarks not shown proper. my OS is in Simplified Chinese. check the image for details.
show_in_adobe.rar
(155.9 KiB) Downloaded 374 times
i'm guessing the problem maybe cause by unicode, but i'm not sure of it, and don't know how to solve it.

Can you help me?

Thanks!
Lzcat - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Re: bookmarks not shown proper in Adobe Reader

Post by Lzcat - Tracker Supp »

Very strange - some files are shown correctly, and some - not. Can you say which version of Adobe Reader and xcpro40 are you using? Also, please supply a sample file which reproduce problem.
Victor
Tracker Software
Project manager

Please archive any files posted to a ZIP, 7z or RAR file or they will be removed and not posted.
shinedeliver
User

Post by shinedeliver »

it's the same file shown correct in XChange Viewer and shown incorrect in Adobe Reader. i'm using Adobe Reader 7 now, and i tried sevrial version of adobe reader, should be version unrelated.

my recently research shows, since Chinese Character is double-byte, i found out if the character's second byte is 00, it will shown incorrect in Adobe Reader. but still, i can't fix it.

please help, thanks!
Attachments
bookmarks error.rar
(331.6 KiB) Downloaded 356 times
Lzcat - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by Lzcat - Tracker Supp »

Looks like Adobe bug with handling unicode strings. Switching byte order helps, so we will update our libraries (you will need build 161, which will be released today).
Victor
Tracker Software
Project manager

Please archive any files posted to a ZIP, 7z or RAR file or they will be removed and not posted.
shinedeliver
User

Post by shinedeliver »

Great! can't wait already.

thanks.