XCPRO - Write PDF to IStream

This Forum is for the use of Software Developers requiring help and assistance for Tracker Software's PDF-Tools SDK of Library DLL functions(only) - Please use the PDF-XChange Drivers API SDK Forum for assistance with all PDF Print Driver related topics or PDF-XChange Viewer SDK if appropriate.

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Tracker Supp-Stefan

ondrejb
User

XCPRO - Write PDF to IStream

Post by ondrejb »

Hello,
the PXCLIB40 library has function PXC_WriteDocumentToIStream, I'd need a similar function in the XCPRO40 library - could it be added, please? Function to read a PDF from a stream might be also useful.

I need to modify a large amount of PDF documents and send the result to a DB; writing the modified PDF to a file and reading it back to memory is pointless and slows down the process...

Thanks
John - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Re: XCPRO - Write PDF to IStream

Post by John - Tracker Supp »

Hi,

We are discussing the work required here to add this in - although I should also advise that we have been planning for a little while now to merge the 2 libraries (xcpro40 and pxclib40) - and possibly the Viewer library too - into one, so that the various functions could be shared and negate the necessity to maintain and add functionality seperatly - this offers many benefits - provided its logical and allowed by the PDF format - what is possibel when creating new PDF's would be possible when modifying PDF's etc ...

We now have to decide whether it is more efficient to just bite the bullet and start the work on the library merger - or whether adding this single feature as a stop gap measure is desirable.

I will advise further in the next 24-48 hours what has been decided.

Thanks for your patience.
If posting files to this forum - you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded - thank you.

Best regards
Tracker Support
http://www.tracker-software.com
ondrejb
User

Post by ondrejb »

I'd be excited if the libraries were merged!
I'd prefer the merging even though I can see that Iľl have to wait much longer for the result. It's definetely worth it!
John - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Thanks for the positive reply ...

As a result - then I will consider this closed and we will go for the complete solution - rather than the 'stop gap' one.

:)
If posting files to this forum - you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded - thank you.

Best regards
Tracker Support
Pedro Rocha
User

Post by Pedro Rocha »

hi, can you share a example using istrem (load image from stream, and save pdf to stream) with pxclib40 in VB or c# please
John - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Hi,

The XCPRO library does not curently support this - but we are committed to adding this in the next build (....78) or possibly the one after (we were going to leave this until V5 when the libraries are merged, and it would then not be necessary - but have agreed to do so earlier)

So there is approx 2-4 weeks wait before this will be ready, obviously therefore, there is curently no such example - but will be when the work is completed and this function is released.

Best regards
Tracker Support
DSSavant
User

Post by DSSavant »

The last post on this thread was a while ago (2/17/2010) where John indicated that Tracker was going to implement the additional Stream capabilities for a file write operation. Has this been done and if so, could someone point me to the documentation. I'm trying to use this in C# and so would appreciate an example of the "import" statement.
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hello DSSavant,

I just spoke with the dev guys and they told me that this feature will be implemented in ver5 of the SDKs.

Best,
Stefan
DSSavant
User

Post by DSSavant »

Sounds fine. Thanks.
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Thanks for the understanding!

Cheers,
Stefan
RuslanLA
User

Post by RuslanLA »

Hello,

Any update about merging the 2 libraries/ver 5 ?

Thank you
Jamie - Tracker Supp
User

Post by Jamie - Tracker Supp »

Hi RuslanLA,

Not at this time. We will update this thread with any new developments.

Regards,
Jamie.