Application Error

This Forum is for the use of Software Developers requiring help and assistance for Tracker Software's PDF-Tools SDK of Library DLL functions(only) - Please use the PDF-XChange Drivers API SDK Forum for assistance with all PDF Print Driver related topics or PDF-XChange Viewer SDK if appropriate.

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Tracker Supp-Stefan

dblwizard
User

Application Error

Post by dblwizard »

Howdy,

I am using PDF-Tools 4 in a VB6 application running in COM+ on a website and am getting the following 2 errors generated in the Application Event log. This application takes tif images and generates PDF's from them. Do you have any idea what would be causing this? Its blowing past my error handling in VB.

Thanks

David Logan

First Error:

Faulting application dllhost.exe, version 5.2.3790.3959, faulting module xccdx40.dll, version 4.0.182.0, fault address 0x0000e69d.

Followed By:

The system has called a custom component and that component has failed and generated an exception. This indicates a problem with the custom component. Notify the developer of this component that a failure has occurred and provide them with the information below.
Component Prog ID:
Server Application ID: {C8DB6FB5-F476-4B99-97F5-F8206C5405ED}
Server Application Instance ID:
{E08C8D6D-A69B-465C-B764-C7E46283E045}
Server Application Name: LoganSystems
The serious nature of this error has caused the process to terminate.
Exception: C0000005
Address: 0x0291E69D
Call Stack:
xccdx40!DSBitStream::SkipSpecBits(int,unsigned long) + 0xdd

For more information, see Help and Support Center at
John - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Re: Application Error

Post by John - Tracker Supp »

Hi David - are you using the developers SDK (I assume you are ...) ?

If so - I would firstly suggest you download the latest release from this page :

https://www.pdf-xchange.com/product/downloads/sdk

If this does not resolve the issue - we will need the following :

1: The version of Windows in use

2: Also please try our example app's and advise if these convert the files ok (you can even download the end user version of PDF-Tools and run in eval mode to check this : www.tracker-software.com/PDFT4.zip )

3: If the problem persists - but the files convert ok using our examples or the eval of the end user - we will need some sample code please without your serial number exposed - this should never be published openly where others may see.

4: Or - if the files appear to be the problem - please supply an example.

Please zip all files uploaded and if the size is large - feel free to zip and email to support@pdf-xchange.com with a link in the body back to this forum message.

Once we have all of the above - we will investigate further if necessary.

thanks
If posting files to this forum - you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded - thank you.

Best regards
Tracker Support
http://www.tracker-software.com
dblwizard
User

Post by dblwizard »

Howdy,

The link you provided (https://www.pdf-xchange.com/product/downloads/sdk) goes to the page for PDF-XChange Viewer Simple DLL SDK. I'm not using the viewer. I am using the PDF Tools SDK which I got from http://docu-track.com/download/PDFT4SDK.zip. I had gotten the most recent version about 2 or 3 weeks ago they are dated 6/7/2010. I didn't realize there had been another release since then but have downloaded it and have deployed those to the server.

I will monitor the server and see what happens.

Thanks

David
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hi David,

The first link has all the developer downloads on it - the tools one is just further down the page.

In any case, it's good that you have managed to find a way to update, and please do not hesitate to contact us again shall there be anything for reporting with the new build.

Best,
Stefan
dblwizard
User

Post by dblwizard »

Howdy,

The error is still occuring, but it is behaving a little differently. It is showing up in the application log as an Information Item instead of an error. This is running on a Windows 2003 R2 Standard Edition. I can't pin down any specific image that this might be having a problem with becuase I can't trap this error to know which image was a problem. This server houses over 7,000,000 images and there is not an easy way for me to attempt to convert each image to a pdf.

I am sending a sample of the code to support@pdf-xchange.com.

Thanks

David Logan
John - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Hi David,

we will be happy to take a look - but do be aware that if it is a problem with a specific image - we will not get to far ...

can you not set up some sort of log in your app which saves the file name of each image as its converted - with a before and after value - thus if it fails on a specific image the 'success' value is not saved - this way if it is a specific image - you can isolate and we can advise further...

Does it always fail in the same place and after so many conversions ?
If posting files to this forum - you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded - thank you.

Best regards
Tracker Support
dblwizard
User

Post by dblwizard »

Also just wanted to confirm here are the dll's that are deployed with this application:

dscrt40.dll
fm40base.dll
fm40tiff.dll
ixclib40.dll
pxclib40.dll
xccdx40.dll

I'm not sure that this has any bearing on it but thought I would post this as well.

Thanks

David
dblwizard
User

Post by dblwizard »

I guess I can compile a specific version of the app and deploy it. I have logging in this application but activity on this site makes pinning things down very difficult.

At this point I can't tell when or what causes this to happen. Let me see what I can gleen from some specific logging.

Thanks

David
John - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Hi David,

One essential file missing from the list given is xcpro40.dll

Best regards
Tracker Support
John - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Hi David,

further to your sample code sent by email - I am afraid we are going to need a complete sample application (source and compiled) along with a small selection of tiff files - hopefully which together show the problem ...

You might prefer to modify one of our sample app's for this purpose - assuming it also shows a problem...

Without this it is going to be almost impossible to recreate and advise what the issue may be - as This is going to be large in size - you may prefer to upload to a server with a link for us to download or if necessary we can provide an FTP location for you to do on our servers.

However before doing so - I would still ask you to confirm that XCPRO40.dll is in your distribution/present and also it might well save us both some time if you add the suggested logging to your app to see if some specific images can be isolated that 'may' be causing the issue.

Thanks

Best regards
Tracker Support