Enhanced (optional) OCR Plugin and V8 released and now available !
Tracker Software are happy to confirm that V8 of our products PDF-XChange Editor/Editor Plus, PDF-Tools and the PDF-XChange Pro bundle are available now along with the new optional Enhanced OCR Plugin from just $14.95 per user or less!
The new Enhanced OCR plugin includes the following highly-anticipated features that extend the functionality of our dynamic PDF-XChange products:
- The Enhanced OCR Plugin's character recognition is more accurate and significantly Faster than the existing OCR engine - usually between two and three times as fast.
- The Enhanced OCR Plugin recognizes stylistic elements of text such as the Font, Color, Bold, Italic, Strikeout and Underline values.
- The Enhanced OCR Plugin recognizes Tables in source documents and inserts them, along with converted text, into output documents.
- The Enhanced OCR Plugin can create PDFs with "Editable Images and Text" - which replaces image-based text in source documents with standard, editable text.
- The Enhanced OCR Plugin can create PDFs with "Fine Page Content" - which replaces the original page content with new content that contains only text and images recognized during the process of OCR.
- The Enhanced OCR Plugin features Multi-Threaded Processing, which enables OCR to be performed on multiple pages in parallel threads. Users that have machines with multiple processors/cores will enjoy a significant reduction in the time taken to OCR large documents - usually at least twice as fast as V7.
Additionally, significant improvements have been made to the existing OCR engine for V8, and these are also available by default in the Enhanced OCR Plugin:
- The new, embedded utility 'ResourcesUpdater' makes it possible to install new (or update existing) OCR languages without having to restart the application.
- The new feature "Auto-Detect Image Skew" automatically detects image skews (up to +- 45 degrees) and/or incorrect page rotations (90, 180 or 270 degrees) in scanned documents.
- The new feature "Correct Auto-Detected Image skew" corrects image skews and incorrect page rotations that the "Auto-Detect Image Skew" feature identifies.
Existing Clients, New Users and the Enhanced OCR Plugin
Existing clients with active product maintenance who upgrade to V8 at the time of release will enjoy the benefit of a FREE LICENSE for the Enhanced OCR Plugin that will remain valid until their current maintenance expires. They will then have the option of renewing their product license maintenance with or without the Enhanced OCR Plugin as desired, and will only pay the license maintenance fee for the plugin if they elect to keep it. Renewals that do elect to keep the Enhanced OCR Plugin will have their regular product license pro-rated so that maintenance for both the product in question and the Enhanced OCR Plugin have a synchronized maintenance cycle. This is the most efficient setup as it means that a single license key is issued regardless of whether or not users elect to keep the Enhanced OCR Plugin.
The license for the Enhanced OCR Plugin is perpetual, in the same manner as the licenses for all of the Tracker Software family of products. Licenses for the Enhanced OCR Plugin will continue to work in any version of our products released while a user has active maintenance - this includes the free license given to users who have existing maintenance at time of the release of V8, as well as the licenses of users who upgrade to V8 or who renew their product maintenance and add the Enhanced OCR Plugin.
Existing clients with expired product maintenance have the opportunity to renew their maintenance or upgrade to V8 with or without the Enhanced OCR Plugin as desired.
New Users who purchase PDF-XChange Editor/Editor Plus, PDF-Tools or PDF-XChange Pro V8 without including the Enhanced OCR Plugin will have the opportunity to test the plugin in demo mode for 30 days. When this trial period has expired they have the option to upgrade to include the Enhanced OCR Plugin or revert to the free OCR engine as desired.
Tracker Software sincerely hopes that you enjoy and make good use of this dynamic new OCR functionality, and we continue to strive to improve all of our products for the benefit of all users.Back to all News, Press & Events