comparison of last viewer pro and latest editor pro?

The PDF-XChange Viewer for End Users
+++ FREE +++

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

cyraxote
User

comparison of last viewer pro and latest editor pro?

Post by cyraxote »

I'm still (happily) using Viewer 2.5, and I was just wondering if there's a comparison available for it vs the current Editor Pro. I'm wondering whether it's worth my $$ to upgrade.

Thanks.
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Re: comparison of last viewer pro and latest editor pro?

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hello cyraxote,

The Viewer is now discontinued, so it is not listed in this chart:
https://www.pdf-xchange.com/pdf-xc ... ison-chart
But the Editor has all the features the Viewer did + many new ones. Take a look at the above chart and you will see quite a few new things are now possible with our products.

Regards,
Stefan
cyraxote
User

Post by cyraxote »

Sorry to reawaken this old thread, but in looking at the features of Editor, I would lose the OCR ability that my Viewer 2.5 has. Is that correct?

Also, while I'm here, do any of the newer products allow for wildcard text searchs, or searches using regular expressions?

Thanks.
Willy Van Nuffel
User

Post by Willy Van Nuffel »

1) PDF-XChange Editor allows OCR

2) PDF-XChange Editor allows advanced Search

I think, you can best discover by yourself all the features of PDF-XChange Editor V7. This in your own interest.

Without a valid license, every feature is fully functional except that you will get a warning before using a licensed feature, and publicity stamps on the pages after using such a feature. A lot of features (like OCR) are for free, no license needed.

But, just to have an idea of all the possibilities, please give it a try (download and install) and test it out for free.

https://www.pdf-xchange.com/produc ... nge-editor
Paul - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by Paul - Tracker Supp »

Thanks again Willy. You nailed it yet again. :-)
Best regards

Paul O'Rorke
Tracker Support North America
http://www.tracker-software.com
bestazy
User

Post by bestazy »

Hello :)
Is there a way to extract an image from a file viewed in PDF-Xchange viewer? Is there another freeware program that allows it if not?

Note: I don't want to convert the whole file to an image - - I just just want to extract an image.
How could I do? Please help me, it's very important for my studies
Thanks, Bestazy
Last edited by bestazy on Wed Jan 03, 2018 9:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
John - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by John - Tracker Supp »

Hi,

For future ref - please create a new post rather than adding to an existing one which could well be on an entirely different or very specific topic (e.g. such as yours).

Thanks.

To answer your question - there are multiple ways to achieve this depending on the PDF and its internal content structure and also your rights to access the content as a Viewer rather than author of the file.

1: If the file contents objects specific to your needs - e.g. an independent image object that can be selected (as opposed to one large image file inclusive of all content, for example text, images etc)

Select the Home Menu on the Ribbon interface - this will expose the tools available and required -> then the 'Edit' Icon and then move the cursor to the object you wish to select and right click once selected.

You can now copy the image etc.

2: If this is not possible - Select the Snapshot Tool and draw a rectangle around the object you wish to copy - and take a snapshot.

That should provide you with the options you require.
If posting files to this forum - you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded - thank you.

Best regards
Tracker Support
http://www.tracker-software.com
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hello bestazy,

To add to the Above,

You can also use our PDF Tools to extract all the images from inside a PDF file, and the PDF XChange Editor (the successor of the Viewer) allows you to open an image from inside a PDF in an external tool (e.g. MS Paint) to make changes to that image, and you can then save a copy of the image from the third party tool you used for the image manipulation as needed.
Both of these will require a license however.

Regards,
Stefan