View all lines of comment text in comment pane / change comment order manually

The PDF-XChange Viewer for End Users
+++ FREE +++

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

klaus.at
User

View all lines of comment text in comment pane / change comment order manually

Post by klaus.at »

1. I want to move certain important comments to the top of the comment list (indicated by arrow in picture below). Currently the only way I know to do this is to make sure that this comment is the first to be created in the file, but this is rarely feasible. Is there any better option?
  2. I often have multiline comments. Is it possible to show all lines of all comments, similar to how it is possible to how it is possible to show the comments for all pages ("Expand All"-Button)?
    In order to avoid ambiguity, I have highlighted the button used to show the full text of a single comment in the picture below.

pdfx-q.png
Patrick-Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Re: View all lines of comment text in comment pane / change comment order manually

Post by Patrick-Tracker Supp »

Hello klaus.at,

Thank you for the post and welcome to our forms. The comments pane is not structured to accept custom comment display order. You sort them only using the predefined settings available:

Your second point has been requested recently and a formal feature request exists already for this. This does not guarantee that the feature will be added, only that the development team will consider it for implementation.

Thank you!
If posting files to this forum, you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded.
Thank you.

Cheers,

Patrick Charest
Tracker Support North America
Willy Van Nuffel
User

Re: View all lines of comment text in comment pane / change comment order manually

Post by Willy Van Nuffel »

We are here in the PDF-XChange "Viewer" forum.

Please be aware of the fact that the "Viewer" has been discontinued in favor of the "Editor".

https://www.pdf-xchange.com/produc ... nge-editor

So, all new features apply to this new one. You can best give it a try ...

Best regards.
Will - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by Will - Tracker Supp »

Thanks for that Willy - nice catch :)
If posting files to this forum, you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded.
Thank you.

Best regards

Will Travaglini
Tracker Support (Europe)
Tracker Software Products Ltd.
http://www.tracker-software.com