print dialog "print sheets" number wrong  SOLVED

The PDF-XChange Viewer for End Users
+++ FREE +++

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

rootazoid
User

print dialog "print sheets" number wrong

Post by rootazoid »

In the dialog under Page Range, I select "Current Page" but the Print Sheets value always comes up "1-4" (4 total, 4 selected). If I give a Range of 2 pages the Sheets value doubles to 8. And so on, multiplying by two. Yes I can Enter 1 instead of 1-4 but over and over this annoys me. How can I get the Print Sheets to always reflect what I pick in the Page Range?
Patrick-Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Re: print dialog "print sheets" number wrong

Post by Patrick-Tracker Supp »

Hello rootazoid,

Thank you for the post. I am not seeing this behaviour here. Could you please post a screenshot of what you are seeing so that we might have a better idea of what's going on?

Thank you!
If posting files to this forum, you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded.
Thank you.

Cheers,

Patrick Charest
Tracker Support North America
rootazoid
User

Post by rootazoid »

[img][img][/img][/img]
OK I did a snap and zipped it. But I don't see how to upload it here. Clicking the little 'mountains' icon for 'Insert image' inserts bracketed img controls but then it seems to want an http address. BTW, Firefox 54 (the latest) on Windows 7.
Will - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by Will - Tracker Supp »

Hi rootazoid,

Thanks for the post -You can upload images either via an external site like Imgur and copy the share link, then use the image tags, or you can add it as a zipped attachment:

Thanks,
If posting files to this forum, you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded.
Thank you.

Best regards

Will Travaglini
Tracker Support (Europe)
Tracker Software Products Ltd.
http://www.tracker-software.com
rootazoid
User

Post by rootazoid »

Thanks, good to know about Imgur. Just a few days ago on another forum I ran into the same img bracketing, posted a link to my imgur image, and then was told by the admin that they couldn't view images from the web. :lol:

So now I'm trying the
pdf-print.zip
(187.95 KiB) Downloaded 122 times
attachment button that I'd somehow missed here before, and then the place inline button. Tho' I don't understand how this would work with a zip.
Will - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Hi rootazoid,

No worries :)

I've just noticed that you're using the Viewer and have posted in the Viewer forum - the Viewer is no longer supported and no further changes will be made. Please download and test the Editor:
https://www.pdf-xchange.com/PDFXVE6.zip

Thanks,
Thank you.

Best regards

Will Travaglini
Tracker Support (Europe)
rootazoid
User

Post by rootazoid »

It seems I've been getting good support in this Viewer forum. Is there no solution for what shows in my screen snap?
Will - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Hi rootazoid,

The only suggestion that I can really make is to make sure that you're using Build 322.4 of the Viewer:
https://www.pdf-xchange.com/PDFXVwer.zip

If that doesn't help, I'm afraid that your only option is to use the Editor as we're not making any further changes to the Viewer.

Cheers,
Thank you.

Best regards

Will Travaglini
Tracker Support (Europe)
Willy Van Nuffel
User

Post by Willy Van Nuffel »

Hello,

From what I see in the screenshot, is that it probably goes about a PDF page size that is 4 times the physical size of the paper.
Something like printing A2 format PDF on A4 paper.

In the Print dialog box, the Page Scaling > Scaling Type has been set to "Tile large pages".
In this case, it is obvious that you will get more pages ...

Maybe rootazoid can give us a confirmation?

Best regards.
rootazoid
User

Post by rootazoid »

That was IT, Sir Van Nuffel! Well SORT OF.

I don't know how it ever got set to 'Tile large pages' - and the page preview ~looks~ suitable for a single page. But when I set the Scaling to 'None' the Print Sheets changed to 1 - what I wanted. Then, though, the Print button threw an alert to try checking Auto Rotate because 'some pages ... are outside of the available print area'. Pages, plural. Anyway I cancelled, checked the box, and then Print got a second alert, same 'available' issue but this time suggesting setting the printer preferences to a different paper size. It was set to Letter, the only paper I have. So I decided to Print and IGNORE the alert, and it printed fine. With no extra sheets.

This reminds me, when it was set to Tile and was printing 4 sheets for one page, the extra 3 weren't totally blank. They each had a narrow portrait-oriented 'gutter' (or whatnot) containing a small edge portion of the doc page - even though the preview showed the whole page. If the preview panel had shown an edge being cut off I'd have had a better clue. Maybe. :?
Willy Van Nuffel
User

Re: print dialog "print sheets" number wrong  SOLVED

Post by Willy Van Nuffel »

Thanks for your feedback (and you can call me "Willy").

When printing pages that are somewhat too large for suiting the paper, you can always select "Reduce to printer margins".

:-)
rootazoid
User

Post by rootazoid »

Thanks Willy, just did that, and it printed a single sheet without any alerts. :oops:
Will - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Glad to hear that did it! Sorry rootazoid, I appear to have misunderstood the issue entirely! :oops:
Thank you.

Best regards

Will Travaglini
Tracker Support (Europe)