Going to last open page after opening a bookmark

The PDF-XChange Viewer for End Users
+++ FREE +++

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

nitish159
User

Going to last open page after opening a bookmark

Post by nitish159 »

I am using this software to study through PDF files. The subject requires me to go to the solutions section of the PDF very frequently to check the solutions I have arrived at. I bookmarked the solutions page and would like to go back to the last page I was viewing without having to scroll through the pages or remembering the page number everytime. Is it possible, like a keyboard shortcut to go to the previous page I viewed?
Patrick-Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Re: Going to last open page after opening a bookmark

Post by Patrick-Tracker Supp »

Hello nitish159,

Thank you for your post and welcome to our forums! You can use the 'Previous View' option using Alt+Left. You can use Alt+Right to return the next view.

I would like to offer an alternative you may find very useful. In the Editor, you can now view two sections of the same document simultaneously. Go to Window> Split. Then you will not need to switch between pages at all!

I hope this helps!
If posting files to this forum, you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded.
Thank you.

Cheers,

Patrick Charest
Tracker Support North America
nitish159
User

Post by nitish159 »

Thanks for the prompt reply. However, when I press ALT+Left, it functions as a normal left keystroke, I don't know why. Also, I tried window split but when I open the window tab, there are options to cascade it or put them horizontally/vertically but, all these options are greyed out.
nitish159
User

Post by nitish159 »

I figured the ALT+left problem, all i had to do was to push the left ALT button and not the right one and it works like a charm :) thanks a ton
Also, J noticed you were using PDF XChange editor and I am using the Viewer version, maybe that's why I can't select the option under window tab?
Patrick-Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by Patrick-Tracker Supp »

Hello nitish159,

I did not realise you were using the Viewer. I am afraid the viewer does not have the split option. Please note that the viewer has been discontinued and replaced by the PDF-XChange Editor. You can download the Editor here: https://www.pdf-xchange.com/PDFXVE6.zip

Cheers!
If posting files to this forum, you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded.
Thank you.

Cheers,

Patrick Charest
Tracker Support North America