Referene resource for JavaScript objects in PDF-XChange Viewer/Editor?  SOLVED

The PDF-XChange Viewer for End Users
+++ FREE +++

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

Mr_AQ
User

Referene resource for JavaScript objects in PDF-XChange Viewer/Editor?

Post by Mr_AQ »

Hello! I have recently moved from Foxit to XChange Viewer due to its being light-weight and feature-rich, and the customization to its interface it has allowed me.
I am particularity interested in PDF JavaScript functionality that Viewer provides. Is there some reference manual available documenting the objects/methods available to user? Also, does Viewer/Editor uses Mozilla's JavaScript engine (SpiderMonkey or Rhino), or is it something else?
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Re: Referene resource for JavaScript objects in PDF-XChange Viewer/Editor?  SOLVED

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hello Mr_AQ,

Welcome to our forums and thanks for your enquiry.
Please note that the Viewer is no longer actively developed, and that it's JS support is inferior to what the Editor has to offer - so I would recommend you to install and use the Editor from here on, and all the below comments refer to the Editor as well:

You can use this file as a reference file:
JS API Reference
Apart from 3D content and objects - we should support pretty much anything else (or are in the process of adding support).

And yes internally we use the Mozilla JavaScript Engine (currently vJavaScript-C 17.0.4esrpre).

Cheers,
Stefan