Find the font that I used to use for typewriter comment

The PDF-XChange Viewer for End Users
+++ FREE +++

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

tim126
User

Find the font that I used to use for typewriter comment

Post by tim126 »

Can't find font type

I have been using PDF-XChange Viewer 2.5 Build 312.1 under Wine 1.6 in Ubuntu 12.04 and under Wine 2.0 in Ubuntu 16.04.

In Ubuntu 16.04, I can't find the font that I used to use for typewriter comment under Ubuntu 12.04. I only vaguely remember the font is called "A...", but I can't find it in the font options.

So what is the font that I used to use?

How can I select it now?

Paul - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Re: Find the font that I used to use for typewriter comment

Post by Paul - Tracker Supp »

Hi Tim,

in the Viewer if you select the text of the annotation the font will be displayed in the Properties Toolbar if you enable it.

Here you can see that the selected text in the Typewriter Tool is Courier New and 18 pt.

hth
Best regards

Paul O'Rorke
Tracker Support North America
http://www.tracker-software.com
tim126
User

Post by tim126 »

Thanks.

"Courier New" isn't in the drop down options of Font of properties toolbar. See the second screenshot of my post above.
Paul - Tracker Supp wrote:Hi Tim,

in the Viewer if you select the text of the annotation the font will be displayed in the Properties Toolbar if you enable it.

Here you can see that the selected text in the Typewriter Tool is Courier New and 18 pt.

hth
Willy Van Nuffel
User

Post by Willy Van Nuffel »

If I understand it correctly, you can not see what font has been used in the typewriter comments because that font is not available/installed in your current version of Ubuntu.

Maybe you can get idea of what font it could have been, by looking at the font information of your document,
via the File-menu > Document Properties... > Fonts.

Best regards.
Will - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by Will - Tracker Supp »

Thanks Willy - that's perfect :)

Tim - If the fonts aren't on offer then they're almost certainly not installed on your PC. Courrier New is a standard font that comes with Windows, but I'm not familiar with Ubuntu so I can't say if it should be there by default. Either way, you'll need to download and install any fonts that you wish to use.

Thanks,
If posting files to this forum, you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded.
Thank you.

Best regards

Will Travaglini
Tracker Support (Europe)
Tracker Software Products Ltd.
http://www.tracker-software.com