Viewer v1.7 vs v2.5, what are the differences

The PDF-XChange Viewer for End Users
+++ FREE +++

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

bawldiggle
User

Viewer v1.7 vs v2.5, what are the differences

Post by bawldiggle »

What is the difference between v1.7 and v2.5.
Viewer v1.7 was available after Viewer was replaced with Editor and I assumed there would be no more updates to Viewer, but obviously there have been !
Sorry to put it his way ... are the black watermarks more aggressive in v2.5 ?
In a previous Editor thread I was having trouble with Editor ribbon being too large/high for laptop screen,
- Viewer v1.7 toolbars were far more practical on my then (now dead) Toshiba laptop
Just read my Editor thread Editor toolbars too big for laptop screen dated March 2015
- a lot for me get my head around ... again :oops:
I have been dealing with head and neck cancer (and a very recent stroke) for the last 4 years, so I am very much out of touch.
And short a few brain cells

Thank you :)

SPECS
Lenovo e540 Win-7 PRO 64-bit
Free PDF-XChange Editor since 12-Aug-2018
Free PDF-XChange Viewer for too long
... cautiously testing Editor
• Win-7 PRO 64bit | Win-7 Home 64-bit | Win-7 Home 32-bit ... fiddling with Linux Mint too
• ClassicShell GUI
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Re: Viewer v1.7 vs v2.5, what are the differences

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hello bawldiggle,

Sorry to hear you've had problems, but I hope you are better now!

We have indeed been updating the Viewer build numbers, but feature wise - there have been no changes.
The only reason for those updates is so that the Viewer could recognize and use the new style serial numbers we have switched to. There have been no new features added for quite a few years now, and maybe only 1 or 2 crashes have been fixed in all the time since the Editor release.

If you have an active maintenance on your license - the Editor is the better of the two products and I would recommend you to consider switching to that one, and if your maintenance has expired - we can assist you with installing the last build your key is good for - but please e-mail us as this help will include license information which should not be shared over the public forums.

Regards,
Stefan