PDF-XChange Viewer cache/temp

The PDF-XChange Viewer for End Users
+++ FREE +++

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

MrMuscle
User

PDF-XChange Viewer cache/temp

Post by MrMuscle »

Hello

I noticed problem with my viewer. When printing to folder x with pdf-xchange viewer - the folder x remains "in use". Even after program shutdown. Where is this software cache located? I would like to add this folder to my ccleaner cleaning list. Or secondarily: Is there a way to set this program automatically remove cache when it is closed?

I also have PDF-XChange Tools 4.0, so I would like to add this software folder cache/temp folder also to ccleaner cleaning list. Or secondarily: Is there a way to set this program automatically remove cache when it is closed?

Neither of these softwares are visible in my ccleaner application list.
Will - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Re: PDF-XChange Viewer cache/temp

Post by Will - Tracker Supp »

Hi MrMuscle,

Thanks for the post - I believe what you are experiencing is actually an issue/feature of Windows itself. When this happens again, please try opening any file (file type does not matter) from any other folder (must be located in a different folder). If this is the issue, then doing this will release the handle on the file.

Thanks,
If posting files to this forum, you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded.
Thank you.

Best regards

Will Travaglini
Tracker Support (Europe)
Tracker Software Products Ltd.
http://www.tracker-software.com
MrMuscle
User

Post by MrMuscle »

Will - Tracker Supp wrote:Hi MrMuscle,

Thanks for the post - I believe what you are experiencing is actually an issue/feature of Windows itself. When this happens again, please try opening any file (file type does not matter) from any other folder (must be located in a different folder). If this is the issue, then doing this will release the handle on the file.

Thanks,
The thing is that I am building a project folder. The folder structure and names are being changed for example. The folder x was reported in being use even after when I completely emptied it.

I have turned off caching of thumbnails in hidden thumbs.db files and caching of thumbnail pictures from gpedit.msc. So, the problem is not thumbnails (since the drive I'm using is network drive).

Previously this folder x contained 1 pdf file which had 12 pages and was actually combination of 2 documents which each contain 6 pages. I printed these 2, 6 paged documents out in folder x and moved to folder y. I deleted the original file, shut down the program, but still windows claims that the folder is in use. After few gray hairs more, I realized that PDF-XChange viewer saves the last printing path when you print to file with it. I printed out to another directory and after that the folder was not in use. So, this is the programs cache/temp fault. How do I clean it or remove the entire caching/temping from it?
Will - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Hi MrMuscle,

As far as I'm aware, the Viewer does not cache printing locations, nor do either of our printers. Please download and try the Editor as it has replaced the Viewer and was rebuilt completely, so shares little of the same code:
https://www.pdf-xchange.com/PDFXVE6.zip

Failing that, please see if you're able to reproduce this with e.g., MS Paint and advise on the printer you're using.

Thanks,
If posting files to this forum, you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded.
Thank you.

Best regards

Will Travaglini
Tracker Support (Europe)
MrMuscle
User

Post by MrMuscle »

Will - Tracker Supp wrote:Hi MrMuscle,

As far as I'm aware, the Viewer does not cache printing locations, nor do either of our printers. Please download and try the Editor as it has replaced the Viewer and was rebuilt completely, so shares little of the same code:
https://www.pdf-xchange.com/PDFXVE6.zip

Failing that, please see if you're able to reproduce this with e.g., MS Paint and advise on the printer you're using.

Thanks,
Hi,

My company has PDF-XChange Viewer Pro license. Can the same serial number be used with the software you mentioned?

I mean, can I upgrade the software we previously purchased from you?
Will - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Hi MrMuscle,

This would depend on a few factors. If you would like, please email support@pdf-xchange.com directly, with a link back to this topic for reference, and we'll advise further there. Please be sure to include your license key in the email and DO NOT post it here.

However, you can download and test the Editor to see if it solves the issue, without requiring the license upgrade.

Thanks,
Thank you.

Best regards

Will Travaglini
Tracker Support (Europe)