Viewing documents on network drive after waking PC from sleep

The PDF-XChange Viewer for End Users
+++ FREE +++

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

alok1
User

Viewing documents on network drive after waking PC from sleep

Post by alok1 »

Hi. I have a problem with viewing documents on network drive (mapped using Explorer, e.g. X:) when I wake my PC from sleep.
For example, I have 3 pdf documents opened in PDF-XChange Viewer:
- local1.pdf (opened from HDD)
- net1.pdf (opened from X:)
- net2.pdf (opened from X:)
Steps to reproduce the bug:
1. make your PC sleep
2. wake it from sleep
3. make PDF-XChange Viewer window active.
After that you will see an error window that asks you to "reload" or "close" the document net1.
4. choose "reload"
You will see the same error window for document net2.
5. choose "reload"
The result is that you have only 2 documents opened in PDF-XChange Viewer: local1.pdf and net2.pdf.
If you have more that 2 documents loaded from net drive, you will lose all net documents except last loaded.
My environment is win 8.1. x64 and PDF-XChange Viewer 2.5 (Build 322.5)
p.s. It's very strange that after waking up viewer tries to reload already loaded files. What if I dont have LAN connection to that PC after waking up?
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Re: Viewing documents on network drive after waking PC from sleep

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hello alok1,

Thanks for your post, but the Viewer is now no longer developed and as such - it is unlikely we will be able to fix any issues in it, so can you please try to install the Editor, and see if the same issue happens with it?

As to why it tries to reload the files is because it does not make e.g. temp copies of the network ones, and instead works directly with the files as they are on the network.

Regards,
Stefan
alok1
User

Post by alok1 »

Tracker Supp-Stefan wrote:can you please try to install the Editor, and see if the same issue happens with it?
Yes, it happens again. It's a very old bug (more than one year).
Thank you for answer.
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hello alok1,

Thanks for your second reply, but can you please do confirm that you did install the Editor and tested with that (e.g. send us a screenshot), as this problem is present in the Viewer but we have worked on improving the behaviour in the Editor, so it should not behave exactly the same as you described with the Viewer.

Regards,
Stefan