Multi user access to files  SOLVED

The PDF-XChange Viewer for End Users
+++ FREE +++

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

Econ
User

Multi user access to files

Post by Econ »

Most programs lock open files. Locked files can be open only in read-only mode.
We have files on a server accesible to many users. PDF-XChange Viewer let others to open my file for editing so I can't save my editing work in current file. Is it only me or it is general problem for this application? Please advise how to lock file fo editing or open only in read-only mode.
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Re: Multi user access to files  SOLVED

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hello Econ,

The Viewer has been discontinued for over 10 years now, as it was replaced by the PDF XChange Editor.
When you open a file in the Editor - the Editor will lock it so that other tools can not do the same and prevent you from saving the changes - provided you were the first person to open the file - if someone else opened the file before you did - they would have the lock, and you would open the file in a read only mode meaning you won't be able to save your changes over the original file - you still could save a different copy with modifications you've made.

Kind regards,
Stefan