Nested windows causing a bug to PDFX-Viewer which is integrated as activex-window

PDF-XChange Viewer SDK for Developer's
(ActiveX and Simple DLL Versions)

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

SER_Manuel
User

Nested windows causing a bug to PDFX-Viewer which is integrated as activex-window

Post by SER_Manuel »

Hello,

we got a problem with ActiveX integration of the pdfxchange viewer. Our application handles several windows. So we got nested windows which is like a window in a window in a window etc.
If the PDFX Viewer is in a very deep level of this "chain" it causes a problem. Normally our application displays an activex-window with this pdfxchange viewer and displays a certain pdf. If this activex-window is in a very deep level of this "window-chain" it displays the given pdf-file in a fullscreen-mode.

You can adjust the error yourself. I added a zip-file. In this zip-file you'll find the "PDFX_Nested.exe" and the source-files of this project (its a C++ project from VS 2010).
This PDFX_Nested.exe will produce a "window-chain" with a certain level.

Requirements:
PDFXChange Viewer V2.5.322.7

To-do:
1. start PDFX_Nested.exe
2. select a PDF File
3. choose the amount of nested windows. (i got this fullscreen-view from 40+)
4. use the button "Create PDFX Viewer"

First of all start with "1" as the amount of nested windows. If you create the activex control your pdf-file should be displayed. If not, the requirements aren't filled correctly. If the pdf is displayed try a higher amount. I got the Problems by nested windows from 40 and all over this amount. I would recommend to chose a pdf-file with a size below 100 KB for your tests.

Is there any reason or solution for this behaviour?

Kind regards,
Manuel
Attachments
PDFX_Nested.zip
zip-file with the c++ project and the compiled exe-file
(203.12 KiB) Downloaded 147 times
SER_Manuel
User

Re: Nested windows causing a bug to PDFX-Viewer which is integrated as activex-window

Post by SER_Manuel »

Hello again,

this topic exists since Tue Oct 24, so i'd like to ask you if there is any solution or new status-update for this topic?

Addtionally I'd like to mention that the OS is an Windows System. I tried it on Windows 7, 8.1, 10 and Windows Server 2008 R2.

So please leave me at least a status-update here if there is no solution yet. I think it's the least you can expect, if you've payed for the licenses.

Kind Regards,
Manuel
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Re: Nested windows causing a bug to PDFX-Viewer which is integrated as activex-window

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hello Manuel,

Apologies for the delay in following up on this.
The Viewer SDK is no longer actively developed, so we won't be able to offer a fix in our code, but I will ask a colleague from the dev team that used to work on the Viewer SDK for his comments if there is some workaround he can offer you to try!

Regards,
Stefan