How to prevent a user from Copying an annotation...

PDF-XChange Viewer SDK for Developer's
(ActiveX and Simple DLL Versions)

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

DSSavant
User

How to prevent a user from Copying an annotation...

Post by DSSavant »

I need to be able to uniquely identify each and every annotation in a document. The "name" property of the annotation is a good way since it is a GUID that is generated at time of creation. Problem is when a user Right Mouse clicks on an annotation and chooses to Copy and then Paste the annotation. During the Copy/Paste operation, an exact copy is made of the annotation including the name. The easiest way for me to get around this problem is simply to disable the Copy Command. I tried this in the Full Demo application and found that the annotation context menu still allowed the copy operation. How do I prevent this from happening or put another way, how can I receive an event during the creation of the annotation such that I can reset any/all properties during it creation time? I know the current SDK does not allow the later so any ideas would be appreciated.