PDF-XChange - Tracker PDF Viewer - TIFF-XChange - Image-XChange - XMF-XChange - Raster-XChange - Support

Moderators: Tracker Support, Chris - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Sean - Tracker, Tracker Supp-Stefan

zylex
User
Topic Author

Hide Tray Icon - pdfSaver

Thu Nov 23, 2017 11:00 am

Hi there,

I'm looking for the registry key to hide the pdfSaver Tray Icon. All other settings are stored under "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Tracker Software\PDF-XChange Lite 5\pdfSaver", but there is no Key for the Tray Icon.

Any Ideas?

Thanks!

Willy Van Nuffel
User

Re: Hide Tray Icon - pdfSaver

Fri Nov 24, 2017 9:50 pm

Hello,

From what I have learned about this via the internet is, that hiding a particular icon/application in the System Tray via the Windows Registry will NOT be an easy job.

It seems like all icon settings about hide/show are together in one global binary key (not per application).
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Classes\Local Settings\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\TrayNotify

https://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windows ... ows-vista/

The most easy thing is to just manage this via the customer user settings, but I guess you already know this.

https://www.howtogeek.com/75510/beginne ... windows-7/

Best regards.

zylex
User
Topic Author

Mon Nov 27, 2017 7:04 am

Hi,

yes I know that. But I'm deploying the software to several PCs and would like to deploy that setting too. All other pdfsaver settings are manged via registry key, but there is no key for that specific setting. You can set this in the pdfsaver Options, but I can't find the corresponding registry key.

Willy Van Nuffel
User

Mon Nov 27, 2017 6:56 pm

Something similar to the pdfSaver "Flags" key of PDF-XChange Standard V6:
0 = Do not "Show Icon in the System Tray"
1 = Show icon

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00
[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Tracker Software\PDF-XChange 6\pdfSaver]
"Flags"=dword:00000001

I can not immediately find it neither.