Printer V6 won't output correct scale in custom page size  SOLVED

This Forum is for the use of End Users requiring help and assistance for Tracker Software's PDF-XChange Printer Drivers only - Please do not post requests for older versions of PDF-XChange or the PDF-Tools/OFFice2PDF applications here

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Tracker Supp-Stefan

Dahzee
User

Printer V6 won't output correct scale in custom page size

Post by Dahzee »

I am trialling PDF-Xchange Pro and have tried to create a PDF from Bricscad CAD software.

I have set the page size up as a custom page, but the XChange printer refuses to scale the drawing to the correct size based on what I am entering.

The page size is correct but is rotated wrongly and the scale is far too small.

If I choose an existing page size it works correctly, but seems to get completely confused when I want to have a custom page size.

I am obviously doing something wrong, but can't make head nor tail of what is being created.

I have used various pdf creators with Bricscad, including free ones and not had these sorts of problems before.

Bricscad is like Autocad and can create pdf files by exporting or printing. The exporting process involves the same print setup process as when you are printing to pdf, so all the dialog boxes are the same including the page size and scale etc.

So either way I can't get a custom page size to print/export a drawing 1:1 scale, I just end up with a small part of the drawing in the centre of the page.

I appreciate that this could be a Bricscad issue, not liking something within your driver, but I need to start somewhere.

What am I doing wrong as I have been using your free viewer for years and want to repay you by purchasing one of your products, but so far completely unsuccessfully?

I am happy to attach any pdf's or even my original .dwg or .pc3 files if it will be of any assistance.

Kind Regards,

David Waight
Patrick-Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Re: Printer V6 won't output correct scale in custom page siz

Post by Patrick-Tracker Supp »

Hello Dahzee,

Thank you for the post and for evaluating our products. Could you please post the file that is created badly with the custom page size? What page size would result in 1:1 with the original file?

Thanks!
If posting files to this forum, you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded.
Thank you.

Cheers,

Patrick Charest
Tracker Support North America
Dahzee
User

Post by Dahzee »

Patrick,

Thanks for the reply. I have played around a bit and managed to EXPORT a custom page size, with the drawing 1:1.

HOWEVER; When I tried to print it to a pdf using V6 I got a rotated pdf which was empty apart from the header and footer notes.

It also looks like it has come out too small (albeit there is no drawing there to see).

As you can see from the attached files there was no print preview, regardless of whether I Exported or Printed the pdf.

I do know that Bricscad takes the page setup information contained within V6 (or any other pdf creator for that matter) but uses its own pdf engine to do the conversion when EXPORTING, and uses V6 (or any other pdf creator) when PRINTING.

So this could explain why I was able to create a pdf when EXPORTING and why there is nothing there when printing.

I have attached both pdf's and also some screen grabs to try and show you what I am seeing during setup.

In the 3 page pdf I also imported both pdf files to see if there was anything outside the page size on the V6 printed version, but alas no it is completely empty.

Hope this helps,

Regards,

David
Attachments
Tracker Files.zip
(246.36 KiB) Downloaded 168 times
Will - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by Will - Tracker Supp »

Hi David,

Thanks for the post and files - is page 2 of the three paged document the way that it should look, and page 3 the way that it does look when printing to Standard?

Also, can you please send us a TMP file and the original DWF files to take a look at?
https://www.pdf-xchange.com/knowled ... e-an-issue

Cheers,
If posting files to this forum, you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded.
Thank you.

Best regards

Will Travaglini
Tracker Support (Europe)
Tracker Software Products Ltd.
http://www.tracker-software.com
Dahzee
User

Post by Dahzee »

Will,

Thanks for persevering with this problem.

Hopefully I have attached the correct temp file, the file V6 has created and my original .dwg file.

I am away on holiday after today, so don't feel you need to rush this through, as I won't be able to help while I am away.

Thanks again for helping me and hopefully speak again soon.

Regards,

David
Attachments
Tracker Files 2.zip
(457.8 KiB) Downloaded 161 times
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hi David,

I downloaded a free DWG Viewer from AutoDesk's website, and could reproduce the issue with your file. A colleague from the dev team will investigate this shortly. Enjoy your holiday, and we should have something for you by the time you are back!

Regards,
Stefan
Dahzee
User

Post by Dahzee »

Stefan,

Thanks for the quick reply.

I don't think it is this particular file that has the problem, as I was using a different file before I did this one for you to see.

So it is probably something between Bricscad and V6 that is the issue.

Regards,

David
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Hi David,

Yes - might be the way this specific file is created. We will know more once my colleague has taken a look.

Regards,
Stefan
Roman - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by Roman - Tracker Supp »

Hi David,

While we are investigating the issue, please create a PDF-XChange custom form with desired dimensions (PDF-XChange Printer Properties->Settings->Custom Forms) and then select it in BricsCAD as you do with standard forms.
Dahzee
User

Post by Dahzee »

Roman,

Just back from holiday and yes I was doing something wrong!

I wasn't creating a Custom Form, I was just making a Custom Page in the Paper section.

So yes it works perfectly thank you.

But... why can't I create a Custom Page on the fly (in the Paper section of the printing preferences) as a one off, which I presume is what it is for?

I don't use standard paper sizes most of the time as all my drawings are 1:1 scale so I would like to create a Page size to just fit the area I need.

I would end up with loads of Custom Forms If I created a new one every time, or I would have to keep editing the same one each time I used it.

I don't want to sound ungrateful, this is definitely a step in the right direction so thank you very much, it means I can do what I need.

Many Thanks,

David
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Hi David,

Hope you had a nice holiday.
Roman's suggestion was just a workaround while we investigate the other behaviour. Indeed setting a custom size without creating a permanent custom form is supposed to work the way you described above, so we are looking at it.

Regards,
Stefan
Roman - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by Roman - Tracker Supp »

Hi David,
We are not satisfied with this workaround and hopefully will provide a more complete solution soon.
Dahzee
User

Post by Dahzee »

Roman,

Thanks for the follow up, I look forward to hearing what you come up with.

Regards,

David
Will - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by Will - Tracker Supp »

:)
Thank you.

Best regards

Will Travaglini
Tracker Support (Europe)
Tracker Software Products Ltd.
http://www.tracker-software.com