Font Problem

This Forum is for the use of End Users requiring help and assistance for Tracker Software's PDF-XChange Printer Drivers only - Please do not post requests for older versions of PDF-XChange or the PDF-Tools/OFFice2PDF applications here

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Tracker Supp-Stefan

emre özdemir
User

Font Problem

Post by emre özdemir »

Hi,
We are using PDF Xchange to generate pdf reports in one of our projects. We are using Pdf Xchange Version : 3.60 Build 0130 which comes as a package with qlikview. License Type is Demo Version.

Simply the process is reports created from qlikview server installed on Windows OS version :Windows Server 2012 R2 are exported/printed with PDF Xchange.

Font family used in reports is : Centrale Sans Book(.otf files installed) and PDF Xchange Font settings used is available in SS1.

When the pdf exported from qlikview desktop version on server, I get the fonts embedded.(Attachment. 1)
When the pdf exported from qlikview client (from any browser), Font embedding options doesn't work. It converts to Tahoma.(Attachment. 2).
I don't know the root cause of this problem. It's very important for our client.
Can you help me with this problem.
Best Regards,
Emre.
Will - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Re: Font Problem

Post by Will - Tracker Supp »

Hi emre,

Thanks for the post - The printer that you're using is extremely old and is no longer supported. If you're simply printing from Qlikview, I would recommend that you try using our Version 6 printer:
https://www.pdf-xchange.com/PDFXStd6.zip

If you're using an export feature built into Qlikview and it uses our printer, then please try printing instead, unless it does not have a print option, in which case you'll need to contact the makers of Qlikview and request that they update their application to work with the latest release of our software.

Thanks,
If posting files to this forum, you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded.
Thank you.

Best regards

Will Travaglini
Tracker Support (Europe)
Tracker Software Products Ltd.
http://www.tracker-software.com
emre özdemir
User

Post by emre özdemir »

Hi Will,
I downloaded the new version. Run a couple of tests again.
Desktop Final output and Browser Final output are different again. Some of the objects seems to corrupted in the browser output.
From the attachments you can find the test results. Also default settings export can be found from the attachments. If you need any other information about the tests, please feel free to ask.

I'll inform Qlik to upgrade their built in PDF Xchange version.
Best Regards,
Emre.
Will - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Hi Emre,

Thanks for the info. - can you provide sample PDF's that demonstrate the output from in browser and in app?

Thanks,
If posting files to this forum, you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded.
Thank you.

Best regards

Will Travaglini
Tracker Support (Europe)
emre özdemir
User

Post by emre özdemir »

Hi Will,
You can find two samples at the attachments.
Test 1 includes font Trebuchet MS. It works fine.

Test 2 includes font CentraleSans Book. It has difference between desktop and browser outputs.
I forgot to send last comment's attachments. I added tit also.
The test enviroment configuration is like the screenshots i've sent you in the previous comment.
Best Regards,
Emre.
previous mail's attachment.rar
Paul - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by Paul - Tracker Supp »

Thanks for that very detailed post Emre,

before I take this to the dev team (who will not likely have time to look at this until next week) I would ask if the differences in output in the PDFs you sent are also rendered visible on screen in the browser and application prior to printing to PDF?

The reason I ask is to determine if the browser is sending the right font and rendering. What browser are you using? Firefox for example sometimes prints text as curves so in those cases it never actually sends font information to the printer so the font cannot be embedded.

As a virtual printer we are somewhat limited by what is sent to the printer. If it is your browser sending a slightly different page rendering to "print" than the stand alone application we may have our hands tied.

As a test, can you try printing from both the stand alone application and the web browser to the Microsoft XPS "Document Writer" - I am very keen to see if there are similar differences.

I expect early next week to have an opportunity to escalate this t my development team should we need it, and this will be helpful information.

regards

Paul
Best regards

Paul O'Rorke
Tracker Support North America
emre özdemir
User

Post by emre özdemir »

Hi Paul,
The previous test results are generated using an up to date chrome Version 52.0.2743.116 m.

Before print/pdf step i can see browser font is rendered visible. You can see the Browser Font ss.png from the attachments.

You can find the test results generated using Microsoft XPS Document Driver from the attachments.Both desktop and browser outputs are available.

Best Regards,
Emre.
Will - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Hi emre,

Thanks for the samples - the printer that you're using to create the PDF, in browser, is Version 3 of our printer. This is roughly 10 years old, so please try using the Version 6 printer.

Thanks,
Thank you.

Best regards

Will Travaglini
Tracker Support (Europe)
BarneyJ
User

Post by BarneyJ »

Had the same problem... Thanks!
Will - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

:D
Thank you.

Best regards

Will Travaglini
Tracker Support (Europe)