MSI Deployment of PDF-Xchange Editor Build 318: No Printer

This Forum is for the use of End Users requiring help and assistance for Tracker Software's PDF-XChange Printer Drivers only - Please do not post requests for older versions of PDF-XChange or the PDF-Tools/OFFice2PDF applications here

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Tracker Supp-Stefan

apoprojekt gmbh
User

MSI Deployment of PDF-Xchange Editor Build 318: No Printer

Post by apoprojekt gmbh »

Hi,

we've started a Rollout Test of V6 Build 318 to upgrade our current V5. The upgrade is done without errors, but there is no virtual printer. The printer monitor is installed and useable, but no printer. We've tested some switches for the plugins, no changes.

Any idea?

Many thanks,
Erik
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Re: MSI Deployment of PDF-Xchange Editor Build 318: No Print

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hello Erik,

We will need a bit more detailed information about how exactly you are doing the deployment. If it's with a command line string - can we please have that? (make sure to remove license info or send an e-mail to support@pdf-xchange.com instead)
If it's a different installation routine - let us know and we will try to assist further.

Regards,
Stefan
apoprojekt gmbh
User

Post by apoprojekt gmbh »

Hi Stefan,

thanks for your quick answer - currently we use the following batch:

Code: Select all

msiexec /i EditorV6.x86.msi /quiet /norestart SET_AS_DEFAULT="0" VIEW_IN_BROWSERS="0" DESKTOP_SHORTCUTS="0" ORGANIZATION="XXXXXXXX" USERNAME="XXXXXXX" EDITOR_LANGUAGE="de-DE" NOUPDATER="1" KEYDATA="XXXXXXXXXX"
which install the current PDF XChange Editor without any error including the program group "PDF-XChange Lite V6". But no virtual printer ...

Many thanks.
Erik
Paul - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by Paul - Tracker Supp »

Hi Erik,

I tested your install string and it worked as expected for me, the Lite printer was installed.

What OS are you installing this on? If it is older and doesn't have the XPS document printer installed it does prompt to install the XPS components - your unattended install may be missing that.

Regardless, can you log the install and send us the log please? Add to your command string

Code: Select all

/lvx!* C:\path\to\logfile.log
[/b]
the only other thing I changed was to remove the KEYDATA and change /quiet to /qb because I never seem to have any luck using just /quiet

regards
Best regards

Paul O'Rorke
Tracker Support North America
http://www.tracker-software.com