Standard V6 Build 318.1/319.0 - install issue and link issue

This Forum is for the use of End Users requiring help and assistance for Tracker Software's PDF-XChange Printer Drivers only - Please do not post requests for older versions of PDF-XChange or the PDF-Tools/OFFice2PDF applications here

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Tracker Supp-Stefan

ketter
User

Standard V6 Build 318.1/319.0 - install issue and link issue

Post by ketter »

I used the 64bit MSI installer to install PDF XChange PRO over a previous 318.1 install. Editor is now upgraded to 319.0, but the Standard printer driver is still at 318.1. Is the 319.0 driver not included in the PRO MSI installer?

We use Autodesk REVIT software and it now has the ability to print links and create bookmarks. If we print from REVIT using the Adobe PDF driver, we can open the PDF in Editor and click links to different pages and bookmarks are created. If we print using XChange Standard 318.1, no links and no bookmarks. From reading the release notes, I was under the impression that this might work. On the Links settings page, I have enabled Analyze URLs in printed text and check both options under local files and on the bookmarks settings I checked enable automatic bookmarks detection.

Suggestions?
Thanks!
Ken
Patrick-Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Re: Standard V6 Build 318.1/319.0 - install issue and link i

Post by Patrick-Tracker Supp »

Hello Ken,

Thank you for the email. Could you please tell us the name of the installer you used? PDF-XChange Standard is not included with the Editor installer. You will need to run the PRO installer, or Standard installer (depending on your license).

https://www.pdf-xchange.com/product/downloads

Cheers!
If posting files to this forum, you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded.
Thank you.

Cheers,

Patrick Charest
Tracker Support North America
ketter
User

Post by ketter »

Patrick,
I have a PRO license and I used the PRO installer: ProV6.x64.msi
Ken
Patrick-Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Hi Ken,

Thank you for that information. That installer should have updated your installation of Standard. Could you please try completely uninstalling by following the instructions below, then reinstalling?

1- Please go to Control Panel\Programs\Programs and Features on your system and uninstall everything that is published by Tracker Software Products.
2- Once this is complete, please restart your computer.
3- Once restarted, please go to regedit.exe built into every windows computer. Find it by typing "regedit.exe" in the search bar of your start menu.
4- Please delete the following registry entries. Only the "Tracker Software" folder and all its sub-folders. **Be extremely careful as a mistake could render your computer useless**
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Tracker Software
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Tracker Software

5- You can now close Regedit.
6- Please make sure there are no Tracker Software folders in C:\Program Files.
7- If so, please delete it.
8- Restart your computer.
9- Now reinstall the software: https://www.pdf-xchange.com/downlo ... V6.x64.msi

I hope this helps!
If posting files to this forum, you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded.
Thank you.

Cheers,

Patrick Charest
ketter
User

Post by ketter »

Patrick
I'll try that on Monday. What about the links and bookmarks issue. Or should that work once I have the driver updated?
Ken
Chris - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by Chris - Tracker Supp »

Hi Ken,

If the driver update does not resolve the issue, do get back to us to continue trouble-shooting.

Thanks,
Chris
If posting files to this forum - you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded - thank you.

Chris Attrell
Tracker Sales & Support North America
http://www.tracker-software.com
ketter
User

Post by ketter »

PDF-XChange Standard V6 Build 319 is now installed, but it still does not create links and bookmarks. How can we troubleshoot this? We really need this functionality.

I can send sample PDF files created from the same software using Adobe PDF driver and your driver to compare if needed.

Sidenote: The PDF created by Standard V6 is quite a bit larger than the Adobe one. Surprising since files created by your software used to be optimized quite well.

Thanks!
Ken
Patrick-Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Hello ketter,

Thank you for your post. Please ensure that the following options are selected in printing preferences> Links.

I would like to compare these files created in our software vs. those created in Adobe. Could you please post both here?

Thank you!
Thank you.

Cheers,

Patrick Charest
ketter
User

Post by ketter »

Do you have somewhere I can upload them privately? Would rather not post them to a public forum.
Will - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by Will - Tracker Supp »

Hi Ketter,

Thanks for the post - Are these full http://.... style links, or embedded 'Click Here' style links? If the latter, these links cannot be preserved by our printer because we print through the Windows GDI. The GDI strips from the print job all information that is not relevant when printing to paper.

There may be something that can be done about this, but it would be in the long term. I'll pass this along.

Thanks,
Thank you.

Best regards

Will Travaglini
Tracker Support (Europe)
Tracker Software Products Ltd.
http://www.tracker-software.com
ketter
User

Post by ketter »

@Patrick, I do have all those options checked. If someone can provide me with an email or private upload location, I will send the PDFs.
@Will, I think they are embedded click here types. So I assume this means that Adobe does not use the Windows GDI to print with their printer driver. Their printer driver does keep all the links. This may create a push to switch printer drivers.

Ken
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hello Ken,

You can send the files to support@pdf-xchange.com with a link back to this topic.

We have add-ins for MS Office and IE that allow us to capture the content before it is sent for printing - and that way we can also preserve links. The problem is that when "printing" occurs - the link information is discarded, as it is not relevant for output on paper.

Regards,
Stefan
ketter
User

Post by ketter »

Thanks! Just sent them.
Ken
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Thanks Ken,

Got your files - and will have a discussion with our devs about this.

Regards,
Stefan