PDF Lite Append to stopped working

This Forum is for the use of End Users requiring help and assistance for Tracker Software's PDF-XChange Printer Drivers only - Please do not post requests for older versions of PDF-XChange or the PDF-Tools/OFFice2PDF applications here

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Tracker Supp-Stefan

ksudavid
User

PDF Lite Append to stopped working

Post by ksudavid »

I don't know what forum to post this into so I'll start here

With the latest update to PDF Xchange Lite print driver (V6.0 build 319) the Append To option is no longer working. Previously when I chose the existing file I wanted to append to, the driver would open the document once the new page had been appended. With the most recent update nothing is happening plus I can no longer open the original document. The editor states the file is "being used by another process". I can't figure out where the files are hung up and how to unlock them again.

David
Willy Van Nuffel
User

Re: PDF Lite Append to stopped working

Post by Willy Van Nuffel »

I can only confirm the problem.

Indeed, when indicating an existing file as destination for a new PDF, by printing through PDF-XChange Lite V6 (build 319), you get a message what to do, in form of an "Action:".

When you select "Direct Overwrite" or "Autonumber" that works correctly.

When you select "Merge with existing (Append to)" or "Merge with existing (Insert before)", nothing more happens.
The pdfSaver process (icon in the System Tray) stays active. When trying to open the file in PDF-XChange (or in Adobe Reader) there is a message telling that the file is in use by another process.

Stopping pdfSaver liberates the PDF file, but the append has not been executed.
Not stopping pdfSaver, and repeating the print order towards the existing PDF, gives also a message that the destination file is in use.

This problem should be fairly easy for Tracker Software to reproduce and so help their developers to work on a solution.

Best regards.

SUGGESTION FOR TRACKER SUPPORT:
Would it be possible to rename the sub-forum "PDF-XChange V4 and V5 Print Drivers" to something like "PDF-XChange Lite and Standard PDF-Printers".
ksudavid
User

Post by ksudavid »

I agree with changing the forum description for print drivers if indeed I should have posted to the print driver forum.
Will - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by Will - Tracker Supp »

Hi guys,

Thanks for the posts - I've reproduced this too and have created a ticket (RT-3791) to track the issue.

Sincere apologies for the inconvenience!
If posting files to this forum, you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded.
Thank you.

Best regards

Will Travaglini
Tracker Support (Europe)
Tracker Software Products Ltd.
http://www.tracker-software.com
mad hatter promotions, ltd.
User

Post by mad hatter promotions, ltd. »

Any luck with the fix on this. It is very frustrating to not be able to use a product that was purchased as we now have two purchased copies that do not work.
Radi - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by Radi - Tracker Supp »

Hi guys,

I can see that ticket #3791 is marked as 'Resolved'. The fix should be available in the next build of Lite (320), which is due to be released early February.

Regards,
Radi