Print Speed Very Slow

This Forum is for the use of End Users requiring help and assistance for Tracker Software's PDF-XChange Printer Drivers only - Please do not post requests for older versions of PDF-XChange or the PDF-Tools/OFFice2PDF applications here

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Tracker Supp-Stefan

9overflow
User

Print Speed Very Slow

Post by 9overflow »

Hello to everyone,
I'd like to ask you a question about speed with PDF-XChange printer.

I'm working on a Windows Server 2016 Standard and i need to generate pdf with a virtual printer (like PDF-XChange, CutePDF, or something like that) but it's very very slow.
Example:
16 pages with text and photo = 2minutes for Spooling (700mb file in spooler)
After 2 minutes appear a pdf file (18mb).

I tried Microsoft Print to PDF, it's very fast, 1 minute for Spooling (250mb file in spooler) but i can't use that because i can't set an automatic default location.

My question is, how can i speed you pdf generator? Why creates a huge file in spooler (700-900mb) when at the end appear a file 18mb dimension.

I tried to set DPI 72 but nothing is changed.
Thank you
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Re: Print Speed Very Slow

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hello 9overflow,

Welcome to our forums!

The print size and complexity will depend both on the application that sends the print job and the settings you've specified in our drivers.
Besides the DPI setting - please check if you have any compression and downsampling options under the "Compression" and "Graphics" sections of the driver's preferences window.

Also please make sure that you have the latest build of our drivers, as if you have an older one - it might be handlign the information worse than the latest - and result in the PDF file being generated slower.

Regards,
Stefan
9overflow
User

Post by 9overflow »

Hello Stefan and thank you for your feedback.
In compression i have:
"Compress graphics" checked
"Compress text" checked
High Color/Grayscale Images "Compress using" Auto JPEG Quality 75%
Indexed Images "Compress using" auto
Monochrome Images "Compress using" Auto

In Graphics i have "No Downsampling and No Conversion" everywhere, i need to change it?

Drivers are V6.0
Willy Van Nuffel
User

Post by Willy Van Nuffel »

Can you tell us what application you are using for printing to PDF-XChange printer?

If it is a known application, can you please post an example of a file that takes a long time to print to a PDF?

Can it be that you are printing your information "as image" or do you have borders around your pictures with "dotted lines" (- - - - -)?

Best regards, and sorry for the additional questions.
9overflow
User

Post by 9overflow »

Hello Willy, it's a management software created by some programmers friends, isn't a commercial software.
Will - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by Will - Tracker Supp »

Hi 9overflow,

Does this happen with every application, or just this particular application?

Thanks,
If posting files to this forum, you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded.
Thank you.

Best regards

Will Travaglini
Tracker Support (Europe)
Tracker Software Products Ltd.
http://www.tracker-software.com
9overflow
User

Post by 9overflow »

Hello, i really don't know, is used just by this software, is running on Windows Server 2016.

But, in Graphics i have "No Downsampling and No Conversion" everywhere, i need to change it?
Will - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by Will - Tracker Supp »

Hi 9overflow,

Please do try with another application, as we'll need to know if it's specific to this single application. If it is, then it may be an issue with the way that this application communicates with our printer.

Thanks,
If posting files to this forum, you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded.
Thank you.

Best regards

Will Travaglini
Tracker Support (Europe)
Tracker Software Products Ltd.
http://www.tracker-software.com