Retaining clickable web links

This Forum is for the use of End Users requiring help and assistance for Tracker Software's PDF-XChange Printer Drivers only - Please do not post requests for older versions of PDF-XChange or the PDF-Tools/OFFice2PDF applications here

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Tracker Supp-Stefan

glocal
User

Retaining clickable web links

Post by glocal »

For years I have been looking for a PDF creator that will retain the web links when converting web pages. To be clear, I mean for example retain the clickable blue text as clickable blue text.

My guess is the software printer method can't do that because links are flattened (ie clickable blue text becomes non-clickable blue text). Is there a way this can be done? A browser extension perhaps?
Willy Van Nuffel
User

Re: Retaining clickable web links

Post by Willy Van Nuffel »

PDF-XChange Standard (printer) includes an add-on for Internet Explorer that makes it possible to convert a web page to a PDF.
This goes via an additional toolbar. Via Options > Links (in that toolbar), you will find the option "Generate Links in Result PDF File".
https://www.pdf-xchange.com/produc ... e-standard

I have been searching for while for more information, but I can not immediately find it, except a topic in the printer forum:
https://forum.pdf-xchange.com/ ... 08#p110008

Best regards.
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Edit: Willy beat me to it!

Yes - the printing driver has an IE add-in that would be able to do such a conversion.

Cheers,
Stefan
Willy Van Nuffel
User

Post by Willy Van Nuffel »

Sorry Stefan to have beaten you. You know, my only goal is trying to be helpful.
:-)

Now that I am back on this topic, I still have the following question:

Why is there so little information about the PDF-XChange "Convert to PDF" add-in for Internet Explorer?
On the help page of PDF-XChange Standard, it is not even mentioned!
https://help.pdf-xchange.com/pdfxs6/

I guess that a lot of people are looking for a feature to retain hyperlinks while converting web pages to PDF.
A little bit more publicity for this would be welcome, don't you think so?

Best regards.
Patrick-Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by Patrick-Tracker Supp »

Hi Willy,

We totally agree - our documentation is undergoing a massive overhaul. In time this will be correctly documented, however, due to the declining use of this plug-in, it is considered to be a lower priority at this time - but not forgotten!

Cheers!
If posting files to this forum, you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded.
Thank you.

Cheers,

Patrick Charest
Tracker Support North America