Printing layered objects in Excel do not work in all cases...

This Forum is for the use of End Users requiring help and assistance for Tracker Software's PDF-XChange Printer Drivers only - Please do not post requests for older versions of PDF-XChange or the PDF-Tools/OFFice2PDF applications here

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Tracker Supp-Stefan

Puffolino
User

Printing layered objects in Excel do not work in all cases...

Post by Puffolino »

I made a calendar which has a transparent text over a bitmap, but some parts of the bitmap cant be seen in the resulting PDF file when printing with PDF XChange...
Excel shows the full image in the print preview, nevertheless I am not sure, if the office program (I am using Excel 2000) is the reason for the weird result or the PDF printer.

The enclosed attachment include the excel file and the resulting PDF file as well.

Thanks,
Michael
Attachments
PrintError.zip
(129.07 KiB) Downloaded 138 times
Radi - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Re: Printing layered objects in Excel do not work in all cases...

Post by Radi - Tracker Supp »

Hello Puffolino,

I've tested printing your document using both MS Office 2010 and MS Office 2013 and also both Lite and Standard virtual PDF printers and didn't experience the same problem with the transparency.
It seems like this is something related to Office 2000, in which case, I think the only solution would be to upgrade to a newer version of MS Office.

Regards,
Radi
Willy Van Nuffel
User

Post by Willy Van Nuffel »

Just out of curiosity, I also printed the Excel to a PDF, via Excel 2010 with PDF-XChange Printer V6 Standard (6.0.322.5) and it prints correctly.

Something to remark when editing the printererror.pdf is that the picture/banner at the bottom has multiple parts in form of overlays.

When I select and delete (or move out of the way) the pieces one by one, i.e. :
1) first the text (Kalender für ...),
2) then a complete banner,
3) then a partial banner,
I come to an underlying banner that seems to be complete.

So, I suppose that Excel 2000 sends the (complete / uncomplete) banner a few times to the printer, and in that manner creates the visible problem.

The edited PDF - cleaned from overlaying banners - is attached at this post.

What you can do, by means of a test, is repeat a few times the print to PDF-XChange Printer. If the problem consistently keeps coming back, then print to a real printer and check if the problem is also visible on paper ... (probably it will not be).
Attachments
printerror-wvn.pdf
(22.64 KiB) Downloaded 129 times
Radi - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Hi Willy,

Thanks for your remark. It seems like Office 2000 doesn't handle these layers correctly (or in the correct order), which indeed causes this issue.

Regards,
Radi
Puffolino
User

Post by Puffolino »

Thanks for checking :)
Radi - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

:)