Hide Tray Icon - pdfSaver

This Forum is for the use of End Users requiring help and assistance for Tracker Software's PDF-XChange Printer Drivers only - Please do not post requests for older versions of PDF-XChange or the PDF-Tools/OFFice2PDF applications here

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Tracker Supp-Stefan

zylex
User

Hide Tray Icon - pdfSaver

Post by zylex »

Hi there,

I'm looking for the registry key to hide the pdfSaver Tray Icon. All other settings are stored under "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Tracker Software\PDF-XChange Lite 5\pdfSaver", but there is no Key for the Tray Icon.

Any Ideas?

Thanks!
Willy Van Nuffel
User

Re: Hide Tray Icon - pdfSaver

Post by Willy Van Nuffel »

Hello,

From what I have learned about this via the internet is, that hiding a particular icon/application in the System Tray via the Windows Registry will NOT be an easy job.

It seems like all icon settings about hide/show are together in one global binary key (not per application).
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Classes\Local Settings\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\TrayNotify

https://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windows ... ows-vista/

The most easy thing is to just manage this via the customer user settings, but I guess you already know this.

https://www.howtogeek.com/75510/beginne ... windows-7/

Best regards.
zylex
User

Post by zylex »

Hi,

yes I know that. But I'm deploying the software to several PCs and would like to deploy that setting too. All other pdfsaver settings are manged via registry key, but there is no key for that specific setting. You can set this in the pdfsaver Options, but I can't find the corresponding registry key.
Willy Van Nuffel
User

Post by Willy Van Nuffel »

Something similar to the pdfSaver "Flags" key of PDF-XChange Standard V6:
0 = Do not "Show Icon in the System Tray"
1 = Show icon

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00
[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Tracker Software\PDF-XChange 6\pdfSaver]
"Flags"=dword:00000001

I can not immediately find it neither.
Patrick-Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by Patrick-Tracker Supp »

Hi Willy,
Thank you for your input.

zylex - does that help?

Cheers!
If posting files to this forum, you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded.
Thank you.

Cheers,

Patrick Charest
Tracker Support North America
brain.at.work gmbh
User

Post by brain.at.work gmbh »

Patrick-Tracker Supp wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2018 9:29 pm Hi Willy,
Thank you for your input.

zylex - does that help?

Cheers!
Has anyone found out how to hide the pdfSaver-tray-icon? When using the development-kit I can pretty much control all aspects of the program, I even can set if the printing-progress is shown by setting the option "Saver.ShowProgress" to true/false but there is no option to hide the tray-icon (or to control the handling of temporary files). One can only do this manually by doubleclicking on the tray-icon and manually checking or unchecking the options.

Best regrards,
Michael
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hello Michael,

You have posted in a section of our forums intended for customers using our end user products, but you seem to be using the Drivers API.
If that is correct - I can split your posts in a new topic and move it to the correct forum, so that our developers could address your enquiry.
Please also try the "HideUI" option from this page:
https://help.pdf-xchange.com/pdfxd ... neral.html

Regards,
Stefan