Problem converting MSWord drawing to PDF

This Forum is for the use of End Users requiring help and assistance for Tracker Software's OFFice2PDF and MS Office Addin Applications - supplied with PDF-XChange.

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Tracker Supp-Stefan

BobM
User

Problem converting MSWord drawing to PDF

Post by BobM »

I created a vector image in MSWord 2010 (32 bit on an XP PC) and pressed the Convert to PDF button on the PDF Xchange4 ribbon.

The resulting pdf was missing several elements of the image. However, using the Print to PDF option from the File ribbon result in a correctly rendered PDF. See attachment for source and results.

Is this a known bug or am I doing something wrong?
Attachments
msword2010_dwg_test_files.7z
(147.13 KiB) Downloaded 337 times
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Re: Problem converting MSWord drawing to PDF

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hello Bob,

I see that you are using build 196 of our printing drivers, so please download and try with build 199.

I tried on Win7 x64 and Office 2010 x64 - and the file converted fine via the Add-in button, but I'd suspect the older build used to be the villain here rather than the Windows version. See the attached sample.

Best,
Stefan
Attachments
msword2010_dwg_123.pdf
(93.46 KiB) Downloaded 413 times
BobM
User

Post by BobM »

Thanks Stefan.

I've upgraded and it appears to work when the Graphic Resolution is set to 300 dpi.

However, increasing it to 600 results in the original problem. Further investigation shows it working at 580 but failing at 590.

This is a problem since I need 600 or greater, due to a bug with Visio images in MSWord needing to be high resolution to avoid pixellation (this is discussed in another thread on this forum).
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Hello Bob,

Ran 4 more tests here - printed twice via Ctrl + P - at 300 and 600 DPI respectively, and then printed twice via the add-in again at 300 and 600 DPI - all four test samples are attached, and I must say that the files printed at 300 DPI, and those printed at 600 are with the same byte size (up to the last byte) - irrespective of the way used.

This is once again - on Win7 x64 with Office 2010 - can you please attach the same 4 attempts from your end and also try at 1200 specifically and share the results with us?

Best,
Stefan
Attachments
tests.zip
(320.47 KiB) Downloaded 342 times
BobM
User

Post by BobM »

No good - same issue I'm afraid. See attachment.

This is 32 bit MSWord2010 in a 32 bit XP environment.

(Please note: I won't be able to respond until Monday but mmay be able to try this on a Win7 machine then).
Attachments
msword_test2.7z
(35.04 KiB) Downloaded 428 times
Paul - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by Paul - Tracker Supp »

Hi Bob,

did you try 1200 DPI? I know it sounds strange but I've been told that this may actually work for you. Please do that and let us know how 1200 DPI goes for you.

regards
Best regards

Paul O'Rorke
Tracker Support North America
http://www.tracker-software.com
BobM
User

Post by BobM »

Well that was interesting. I converted to pdf at 1200 dpi using a winXP and a win7 PC. For results, see attachment.

Both succeeded in reproducing the image, although the XP based file was about 10MB, compared to 100k for the win7 file.

So I still have a problem on the XP machine, since 10 MB per page is not acceptable.

As a side issue, a corruption in the word Qualification in the 3rd box from the bottom right (also in the lean & 6 sigma tools text) was present in both files.
Attachments
msword2010_dwg_1200.7z
(95.07 KiB) Downloaded 427 times
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Thanks for the samples Bob,

We are investigating this case, and will post back in this topic as soon as we know more.

Best,
Stefan
Ivan - Tracker Software
Site Admin

Post by Ivan - Tracker Software »

About the different file sizes - it looks like you have turned off image compression under XP.
With some image corruption - please try turning off Optimization of Images sequences in the "Optimization" page of the driver.

If you still experience the problem, please prepare us a .tmp file as described in this topic and sent it to us.
Tracker Software (Project Director)

When attaching files to any message - please ensure they are archived and posted as a .ZIP, .RAR or .7z format - or they will not be posted - thanks.
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Hello BebeMic,

If it "never fails" - then everything should be working properly right?
Guidance is already provided above your post in the topic, and to be able to help you further we will need a more detailed explanation of your own particular problem - preferably in a separate topic.

Regards,
Stefan