PROBLEM - Document Info-fields in MsOffice 2010

This Forum is for the use of End Users requiring help and assistance for Tracker Software's OFFice2PDF and MS Office Addin Applications - supplied with PDF-XChange.

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Tracker Supp-Stefan

Mikko
User

PROBLEM - Document Info-fields in MsOffice 2010

Post by Mikko »

Hello there!
I use official PDF-XChange Pro 5-software and have a serious problem.

I work with multiple MsOffice 2010 files and have to make them to PDF-files at daily basis. When I edit Document Info-filelds in PDF-XChange 2012 to match my needs before converting files to PDF in MsOffice, I can't get it done at all. All Document Info-fileds in the final PDF-file are not the same as I edited in PDF-XChange 2012 settings.
This is very bad to me, because now I must edit EVERY ONE PDF-file and write document info-fields one by one. As You can imagine, writing all these fields everytime with same info like in 65 files is very frustrating.

What should I do to get all Document Info-fields done at same time in MsOffice doing PDF-files?????

Attached file shows Document Info-fields that are NOT converted in final PDF-files (whitch is my problem).

Please help me with my problems.
Thank You!
Paul - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Re: PROBLEM - Document Info-fields in MsOffice 2010

Post by Paul - Tracker Supp »

Hi Mikko,

thanks for the post. I'm sorry to hear that you are having issues with the document info fields. I just tested this and found that the document info was correctly created. I am working on the assumption that you are using File --> Print to create these PDF files and not the office Add-In. Regardless, the settings are the same, although they are done in a different place for the printer, and the Add-In.

One thing that is pertinent, if you set the Document Info at print time using the Word Dialogue and printer options these settings may only last as long as the Word session that prints them. If you want to make sure that all print jobs have your Document Info close all instances of Word, go to your PDF-XChange Printer in the Windows Control Panel, right click and select Printing Preferences. From there make the changes to Document Info, apply and close the Preferences dialogue.

After that start Word and test again the Document Info should be retained.

It is not uncommon to have challenges when making printer settings because of the way that Windows works with printers and applications. Take a look at this article for an in depth explanation on how it works and why sometimes settings are not retained. https://www.pdf-xchange.com/knowledgeba ... er-Settings If you then have any further issues please do ask.

Also you might want to create some profiles with pre-defines Document Info settings so you can easily switch between them. This article details how to create and use PDF-XChange Printer profiles: https://www.pdf-xchange.com/knowledgeba ... nge-driver

hth
Best regards

Paul O'Rorke
Tracker Support North America
http://www.tracker-software.com
Mikko
User

Post by Mikko »

Paul - Tracker Supp wrote:Hi Mikko,

thanks for the post. I'm sorry to hear that you are having issues with the document info fields. I just tested this and found that the document info was correctly created. I am working on the assumption that you are using File --> Print to create these PDF files and not the office Add-In. Regardless, the settings are the same, although they are done in a different place for the printer, and the Add-In.

One thing that is pertinent, if you set the Document Info at print time using the Word Dialogue and printer options these settings may only last as long as the Word session that prints them. If you want to make sure that all print jobs have your Document Info close all instances of Word, go to your PDF-XChange Printer in the Windows Control Panel, right click and select Printing Preferences. From there make the changes to Document Info, apply and close the Preferences dialogue.

After that start Word and test again the Document Info should be retained.

It is not uncommon to have challenges when making printer settings because of the way that Windows works with printers and applications. Take a look at this article for an in depth explanation on how it works and why sometimes settings are not retained. https://www.pdf-xchange.com/knowledgeba ... er-Settings If you then have any further issues please do ask.

Also you might want to create some profiles with pre-defines Document Info settings so you can easily switch between them. This article details how to create and use PDF-XChange Printer profiles: https://www.pdf-xchange.com/knowledgeba ... nge-driver

hth
Hello and thank You!
I was'nt exact enough trying to explain my problems.
As You suggested, when done by File>Print all works as promised. My problems are with the Office Add-In (see attachment). When I print with it, I can't get to PDF-file that info I edited in Add-In Settings.

I've multible frequently printable documents and I hoped this Add-In would be the answer to my Document Info-problems.

Did I understand correcly?
- This Add-In doesn't work the way I believed
- Should I print EVERY document with File>Print so that I could get what I want? This seems to be very hard way to me- I should then edit all Document Info-fields again and again and again when I work with mulpible documents.........

I hope You can tell me, how this Add-In would work fine for me.

Thank You veru much!
Paul - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by Paul - Tracker Supp »

Hi Mikko,

thanks for the clarification. No you should not have to use File --> Print. The Add-In has it's own place to set the Document Info. In Office 2010 there is a Ribbon for the Add-In, the right most of the 3 icons is where you set the preferences as you would in the Printer. Have you set your Document Info there then tried using the left icon to convert to PDF? There are also Application specific settings available there. Each Add-In, Word, Excel, PowerPoint etc can have their own unique settings so you need to do this for each application as well.

I hope that helps.
Best regards

Paul O'Rorke
Tracker Support North America
Mikko
User

Post by Mikko »

Paul - Tracker Supp wrote:Hi Mikko,

thanks for the clarification. No you should not have to use File --> Print. The Add-In has it's own place to set the Document Info. In Office 2010 there is a Ribbon for the Add-In, the right most of the 3 icons is where you set the preferences as you would in the Printer. Have you set your Document Info there then tried using the left icon to convert to PDF? There are also Application specific settings available there. Each Add-In, Word, Excel, PowerPoint etc can have their own unique settings so you need to do this for each application as well.

I hope that helps.
Thank You for Your response!

My problem still is the same. I've used these tree icons from PowerPoint 2010 (from ribbon bar). I have edited Document Info from Settings in the ribbon bar. Then I have made pdf-file using Convert to PDF (again from the ribbon bar). I understand this is the way to do it. Not working for me! I still can't get Document Info texts I edited to Settings. That is my problem still (just after reading Your answer I tried again > not working).

What am I doing wrong???
Will - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by Will - Tracker Supp »

Hi Mikko,

I've actually managed to reproduce this on my end - I've created an internal development ticket and, for future reference, the ticket number is RT-1835.

Hope that helps!
If posting files to this forum, you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded.
Thank you.

Best regards

Will Travaglini
Tracker Support (Europe)
Tracker Software Products Ltd.
Ivan - Tracker Software
Site Admin

Post by Ivan - Tracker Software »

I'm afraid it is not a bug, but a feature (c)

Looks like you have enabled option "Convert Document Information" located on "Advanced" page of the Office addin settings.
When this option is turned on, it overrides information specified in settings with corresponding data from the document being converted.
Tracker Software (Project Director)

When attaching files to any message - please ensure they are archived and posted as a .ZIP, .RAR or .7z format - or they will not be posted - thanks.