Images are shown blue in large Office documents

This Forum is for the use of End Users requiring help and assistance for Tracker Software's OFFice2PDF and MS Office Addin Applications - supplied with PDF-XChange.

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Tracker Supp-Stefan

querformatik
User

Images are shown blue in large Office documents

Post by querformatik »

When I convert a large office document (more than 200 pages) where nearly every page has two images on it, the first 200 (+/- 10 pages) are converted correctly. But on the higher pages (page 200 upwards) the images are substituted by blue or transparent boxes.
I updated the software to the newest version available. I'm using Windows 7 x64 and Office 2010. The problem can be reproduced on another machine (same specs). These machines have lots of RAM (48GB) and more than enough XEON CPU cores. So it can't be a hardware problem.
Please let me know how we can solve this problem. But I can't send you this document because it contains protected informations.
John - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Re: Images are shown blue in large Office documents

Post by John - Tracker Supp »

Hi,

Sorry to hear you are having problems - however it is going to be almost impossible to really help without seeing some sort of an example of both the source and final PDF documents ...

My best suggestion for now is to ask you to reduce the size of the file (source) as a test and establish whether the problem pages convert correctly if smaller file chunks are converted - and advise the outcome.

Thanks
If posting files to this forum - you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded - thank you.

Best regards
Tracker Support
http://www.tracker-software.com
querformatik
User

Post by querformatik »

OK, perhaps I can build a showcase word-document which isn't working correctly.

If I convert the first 150 pages and afterwards pages 151 until end, every image is displayed correctly in the pdf-file. So this problem occurs only if I convert the word-file at once.
Will - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by Will - Tracker Supp »

Hi querformatik,

We would certainly appreciate the a look at the documents. If you don't want to upload them here, then you can email them to support@pdf-xchange.com, with a link back to this topic and one of us will take a look and attempt to address the issue.

Cheers,
If posting files to this forum, you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded.
Thank you.

Best regards

Will Travaglini
Tracker Support (Europe)
Tracker Software Products Ltd.
querformatik
User

Post by querformatik »

I did some more testing during the last months.

First I took two less secret TIF images and wrote in each image a number using imagemagick so that all images are unique. Afterwards I put all images in a word document und converted it into a PDF, but actually the bug with blue images didn't appear. I tried other less secret images, but I could not reproduce the bug.

So I transferred the Word document where the blue image bug occurs on two different computers to a test Windows VM. This test Windows VM (also Windows 7, 64bit, just like the two computers where the bug occurs) created the PDF document correctly. So the bug only seems to occur on special configurations and doesn't really depend on the document.

Do you have any ideas where I can start debugging this problem?
querformatik
User

Post by querformatik »

In the attachment you can find two anonymized screenshots of the PDF pages 218 and 219. I thought it might help you to see some screenshots.
Those PDFs have been generated on two different computers (PC1 and PC2) who both have the blue image problem. As you can see the problem occurs in the PDF file generated on PC2 from page 218 onwards whereas in the PDF file generate on PC1 the problem occurs from page 202 onwards.
Last edited by querformatik on Fri Mar 14, 2014 6:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Will - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by Will - Tracker Supp »

Hi querformatik,

Thanks for getting those to me, but I'm afraid that we'll really need to see some kind of sample PDF that displays this issue, as it's extremely difficult, if not impossible, to tell what may be causing this from screen-shots alone.

Cheers,
If posting files to this forum, you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded.
Thank you.

Best regards

Will Travaglini
Tracker Support (Europe)
Tracker Software Products Ltd.