Bookmarks - Available Styles

This Forum is for the use of End Users requiring help and assistance for Tracker Software's OFFice2PDF and MS Office Addin Applications - supplied with PDF-XChange.

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Tracker Supp-Stefan

Peter2
User

Bookmarks - Available Styles

Post by Peter2 »

(This rather a MS Word question than a PDF question)
---------------
The plugin has a tab called "Bookmarks", and there a tons of entries. Type "Standard" is OK, but under "Custom" there are entries
- from the current document (OK)
- from Word documents I used before (semi OK)
- from HTML-documents (???)
- and entries I can not imagine where they come from (not OK)

So:
- where does the entries come from? (Where does the plugin read it from?)
- hot to remove them in Word?

Regards

Peter
PDF-X-Change Pro German
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Re: Bookmarks - Available Styles

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hi Peter,

As per your other topic - removing the registry entries should clear any custom styles you have there.

Regards,
Stefan
Willy Van Nuffel
User

Post by Willy Van Nuffel »

To me it seems like the list of styles is originally filled with the styles of the document that you first open after installing the PDF-XChange 2012 Office add-in(s) AND when you go into the Bookmark tab of the PDF-XChange 2012 Office add-in.

After this, additional Custom styles are eventually add, every time that you go into the PDF-XChange 2012-tab, in Word, and click Edit Settings > Bookmark. If, at that time, there are additional styles in the document that are not yet in the list, they will be add.

As long as you do not touch the Bookmark tab, there are no additional styles being add, even when you generate a PDF via the Office add-in, and when there are additional styles in the Word document.

I hope this was helpful.
Will - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by Will - Tracker Supp »

Hi Willy,

Thanks for the info. - I'll pass this along to the Dev. Team, to see if this is the proper behaviour and whether or not we should change it.

Cheers,
If posting files to this forum, you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded.
Thank you.

Best regards

Will Travaglini
Tracker Support (Europe)
Tracker Software Products Ltd.
http://www.tracker-software.com
Peter2
User

Post by Peter2 »

Willy Van Nuffel wrote:...As long as you do not touch the Bookmark tab, there are no additional styles being add, even when you generate a PDF via the Office add-in, and when there are additional styles in the Word document.....
Thanks Willy. For me this seem to be meaningful, because this tab is to "define when I want to define" and not to "collect everything at anytime on stock" .
PDF-X-Change Pro German