Word 2010, V6 Office COM Plugin - Link & Bookmark Problems

This Forum is for the use of End Users requiring help and assistance for Tracker Software's OFFice2PDF and MS Office Addin Applications - supplied with PDF-XChange.

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Tracker Supp-Stefan

deege
User

Word 2010, V6 Office COM Plugin - Link & Bookmark Problems

Post by deege »

I use this plugin in Word 2010 (Build 319.0). Previously when generating PDF files it would activate the embedded web links and also would create links for the table of contents that were created in Word. It would also create a link in the PDF where I have inserted a link to a bookmark within the Word file. Now none of the embedded links are being generated or any of the Word bookmarks being made into links in the PDF. The TOC that was created in Word does not have links in the PDF file.

Also there has always been a problem whereby there would be several duplicates of PDF bookmarks created. I would have to go and delete the duplicates. I have always wanted to ask about this so now's my chance.

I don't want to post the files here because they are proprietary but will send them to an administrator when I get a response. Thanks.
Willy Van Nuffel
User

Re: Word 2010, V6 Office COM Plugin - Link & Bookmark Proble

Post by Willy Van Nuffel »

1) in the "PDF-XChange V6" ribbon in MS Word, click "Edit Settings" and verify
- in the "Links"-tab if the different "links" check boxes are activated
- in the "Bookmarks"-tab, if "Generate bookmarks ..." is activated, and also
in the "Available Styles" if styles like "Heading 1", "Heading 2", etc. are activated

2) be sure to generate the PDF via the "PDF-XChange V6"-ribbon and the "Convert to PDF"-icon

3) myself, I have never seen doubles in the bookmarks of the resulting PDF

Best regards.
Attachments
TEST links.zip
(28.76 KiB) Downloaded 281 times
Will - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by Will - Tracker Supp »

Hi guys,

Thanks for the posts and Willy, as usual, many thanks for the assistance!

deege - For question 1, please do make sure sure that you have the settings Willy mentioned enabled.

Regarding the duplicate bookmarks, please email a sample document support@pdf-xchange.com (with a link back to this topic for reference) and be sure to include screen-shots of your bookmark settings, in the add-in.

Cheers,
If posting files to this forum, you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded.
Thank you.

Best regards

Will Travaglini
Tracker Support (Europe)
Tracker Software Products Ltd.
http://www.tracker-software.com
deege
User

Post by deege »

Hi guys,

So I managed to get the links to be clickable. I found that I had to have the Select Text tool for them to show up. Otherwise there was just the Hand Pan tool when hovering over the links. I will send the file with duplicate bookmarks shortly. Thanks.
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hello deege,

Yes - with the text select tool active - links will be "ignored" to allow you to make your text selection.

Looking forward to that other file!

Cheers,
Stefan
Willy Van Nuffel
User

Post by Willy Van Nuffel »

Just something to add here for a "correct" information:

The reason for the "Hand Tool" to not show the hyperlinks is that "Exclusive Mode" for this tool is active in the "Properties" toolbar.

When you switch off the "Exclusive Mode" for the Hand Tool, it shows the hyperlinks, just like is doing the "Select Text Tool" (when Exclusive Mode is also turned off for this specific tool).

Best regards.
Patrick-Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by Patrick-Tracker Supp »

Hi Willy,

Thanks, this would indeed cause links to become unclickable.

Thanks for the tip! :)
If posting files to this forum, you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded.
Thank you.

Cheers,

Patrick Charest
Tracker Support North America