Accessibility

This Forum is for the use of End Users requiring help and assistance for Tracker Software's OFFice2PDF and MS Office Addin Applications - supplied with PDF-XChange.

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Tracker Supp-Stefan

minath
User

Accessibility

Post by minath »

Hi,

Is it possible to create an ancessible PDF with tags and alternative image text from a MS Word document with PDF-XChange 4?
And if not, will this Feature be added in future?

Regards,

minath
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Re: Accessibility

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hello minath,

For the moment we do not support such accessibility features.

Our developers have requested a sample file containing such tags and alternative texts so they could check if we could implement these features.
(please zip/rar/7z the files or they will not be attached)

Regards,
Stefan
minath
User

Post by minath »

I have converted this PDF from a MS Word 2003 document with Adobe Acrobat 9. The text is in german, but i hope it doesn´t matter. To check Accesibility I have used the Advanced > Accessibility > Full Check option in Adobe Acrobat and when I convert a file with XChange 4 it mainly lacks two points, which i mentioned in my first post.
Attachments
sample.7z
(37.32 KiB) Downloaded 200 times
John - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by John - Tracker Supp »

Thanks - this document is being reviewed and we will revert after some investigation

Thanks for your patience.
If posting files to this forum - you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded - thank you.

Best regards
Tracker Support
http://www.tracker-software.com
xcv
User

Post by xcv »

Hi,
are there any plans to include the feature "Reflow" which in Acrobat can be enabled by "Enable Accessibility and Reflow with tagged Adobe PDF"? There are "linebreaks" in "Reflow"-PDFs showen on PDAs or some cell phones and so there is not so much scrolling necessary.

regards
martin
John - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by John - Tracker Supp »

Hi,

This will not be available for some time just yet - it is 'slated' for introduction next year at some point in our Version 5 product release cycle - but I cannot be any more specific I am afraid for now with regards time lines etc ...
If posting files to this forum - you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded - thank you.

Best regards
Tracker Support
http://www.tracker-software.com